What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » New Community Manager

Pages: (12): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
New Community Manager
Author: Message:
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: New Community Manager
Hello Vanessa, take a seat with us.

The idea of a Community Manager is not bad, and I’m confident that you will do your job well.  I have made good experience with the Community Managers at Microsoft too.  In fact, when I saw the post title, the first thing I said was, “Finally.”

Wishing us a good cooperation! :)
mynetx
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
02-10-2010 08:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
vanessapurpleplsz
Former Yuna Software Rep

Well if u want to sing out sing out

– / Female / Flag
Grin  RE: New Community Manager
Hi Everyone!  :D

First, I'd like to thank Patchou for the very warm welcome!  I'm so happy to join the Messenger Plus! community which Patchou has done a marvelous job of creating and managing since 2001.  The bar has been set very high for me and Yuna Software, and we're very excited to make Messenger Plus! even better than it already was.  Like Patchou said: with more frequent updates, cool new features and more personalized attention for you guys-the users, testers and translators. 

Please, feel free at any time to send me private message, email or write something in the forum about anything related to Messenger Plus! or even just to say hello (I love meeting new people)! :)  I am ALWAYS welcome to your personal feedback, questions, comments as well as constructive criticism (plain criticism is rarely helpful, please keep it constructive). 

To continue the introduction made by Patchou, I'm 25 years old and a Los Angeles, California native.  Yes, Patchou's claim is true-I make some of the most amazing guacamole ever known to man.  Maybe if I'm feeling super generous I'll share the recipe with you all (it's super easy but it's just...AMAZING!).  I love to read and write-I majored in Psychology and Journalism at University and love to spend my free time working on my book and writing short stories and articles. 

I love movies, travel, and want to go to India someday to volunteer in an orphanage and study yoga at a Yoga ashram (I love yoga).  I love the beach, vintage shopping and animals.  I love going to second hand stores and finding something absolutely amazing-my last amazing find was a REAL 60's vintage Hermes handbag for $100 (I checked all of the seams, stitching, hardware, zippers-which are the telltale signs of a replica handbag).

I am SUPER excited about the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland, set to hit theaters next month!  I am obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and I really hope this version is true to the original Lewis Carroll stories while adding new depth to the story.  It looks quite promising (at least visually speaking, and from the various previews I've seen), but I think I'll save my opinion until I've finally seen it.

Thank you all SO much for your warm welcome and I look forward to being a part of this amazing community.  I look forward to getting to know you all and please-feel free to say hi! ;)

Yours truly,
Vanessa (Alice)
[Image: alice-and-wonderland-1.jpg]

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
I demand guacamole be sent to all members of this board to validate its proposed deliciousness!

Side note, welcome Vanessa =]

whats her forum ID?

Hahah! At the next company meet and greet I will be there with my guacamole! 

Thanks so much for your warm welcome!
:D
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Welcome Vanessa. I hope we can hear (read :P) some words from you soon. Maybe you can't speak spanish, but in any case you are also welcome to the official spanish forums. :)

Yo hablo un poquito.  Estudie espanol en escuela y tambien mi mami habla espanol.  Yo intiendo mucho, pero tambien me olvide mucho.  :)
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Great to see Yuna software is now not just "a bunch of mysterious people who don't seem to talk" anymore.

Welcome to the community. I can imagine it's not that easy to get familiar in short time with a forum/community which has been going for years. Hope you'll fit in :).

Also hope you'll be able to answer some the questions the testers and translators have about their status now Plus! is not solely in Patchou's control anymore.

Hi Menthix-thanks for your welcome.  Your comment about Yuna being "a bunch of mysterious people who don't seem to talk"  is exactly the reason why I was brought in as a community manager-to serve as YOUR point of contact to Yuna.  :D

I am here to answer all questions you may have about Plus!  If I don't know the answer-I will let you know when I can get back to you with an answer and ask whoever does know at Yuna.  :)  Please try to be understanding that there are many people who do work at Yuna-and I may have to ask another person or department about your question.  I am always here to help in whatever way I can and look forward to having a great time with you all on the forum.   :D

quote:
Originally posted by Lou
Wow, this is some wonderful news. I'm very happy that we now have an official point of contact, dedicated just for that. Congratulations on the new position and welcome aboard. (Y). As many will tell, I was rather frustrated with the lack of communication *cough* CookieRevised *cough* so this is great news for me :P.

Hi Lou-I'm glad that you're happy to have me here!  Thanks for the welcome.  In terms of communication-please, communicate away.  I'm all ears.  8-|
02-10-2010 09:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Welcome to the community Vanessa :)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-10-2010 09:59 AM
vanessapurpleplsz
Former Yuna Software Rep

Well if u want to sing out sing out

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: New Community Manager
quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
Hello Vanessa, take a seat with us.

The idea of a Community Manager is not bad, and I’m confident that you will do your job well.  I have made good experience with the Community Managers at Microsoft too.  In fact, when I saw the post title, the first thing I said was, “Finally.”

Wishing us a good cooperation! :)
mynetx

Thanks so much for your kind words!  And thank you so much for your welcome! 

I look forward to speaking with you all-really!  :D :D
02-10-2010 09:59 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Great to see Yuna software is now not just "a bunch of mysterious people who don't seem to talk" anymore.

Welcome to the community. I can imagine it's not that easy to get familiar in short time with a forum/community which has been going for years. Hope you'll fit in :).

Also hope you'll be able to answer some the questions the testers and translators have about their status now Plus! is not solely in Patchou's control anymore.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-10-2010 11:06 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Wow, this is some wonderful news. I'm very happy that we now have an official point of contact, dedicated just for that. Congratulations on the new position and welcome aboard. (Y). As many will tell, I was rather frustrated with the lack of communication *cough* CookieRevised *cough* so this is great news for me :P.

This post was edited on 02-10-2010 at 11:12 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-10-2010 11:12 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Nice to se you here Vanessa, I think this helps allay our fears over the future of Messenger Plus! Live to some extent..as you can imagine we've all been quite concerned over the past few months with some of the goings-on.  We've all invested a lot of time and energy into helping Plus! get to where it is today!.

To quote Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes, 22 seconds ago
02-10-2010 11:38 AM
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Nice to se you here Vanessa, I think this helps allay our fears over the future of Messenger Plus! Live to some extent..as you can imagine we've all been quite concerned over the past few months with some of the goings-on.  We've all invested a lot of time and energy into helping Plus! get to where it is today!.

To quote Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
Can't really add more to that, but I do Welcome you to the Plus! Community :)
...there used to be a signature here :)
02-10-2010 12:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
THE RETURN OF PLUS! BABE! :D

Welcome, and someone hook her up with some custom user name colour!
[Image: signature.php]
02-10-2010 01:32 PM
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
with some custom user name colour
Like “purple plsz”?