What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » An open letter to Yuna Software

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
An open letter to Yuna Software
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: An open letter to Yuna Software
Keep in mind there are two totally different entities at work here. Kimahri Software, the development office in Montreal, is all for having the community. Jieff just doesn't have the time to sit and reply to every concern on the forum and to be honest that isn't his job. The other entity is the nameless company that owns Yuna Software. (Yuna Software is just a label and means nothing). Nathalie should be the one who openly communicates with the community as she is the liaison between them and us; not Jieff.

It certainly has become apparent that while Jieff, having many years of software development under his belt and working for big corporations, sees the benefits of having a community around a product; Yuna does not. They are a larger corporation who do things through channels; such as support in house (to give an example).

So instead of all of us jumping down the throat of Jieff (who, I feel, quite frankly is doing great with what he has to work with), we should be questioning Nathalie for answers.

Now you're going to say/think, oh matty, you're just a Jieff/Kimahri fan boy. And that couldn't be farther from the truth. Having visited the office and spent time with everyone I can appreciate his efforts in trying to keep the community alive. I have respect for what they have done in the little bit of time they have had to work on the software.

Spoiler:

Cyril was the one to continually fight for the community to be kept around, now with him out of the picture I naturally would assume this would be Jieff. Jieff see's the value in the community and I guess this is why they included, albeit shitty, a support forum on main site.
03-14-2011 12:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ixesha

Wow, I've been away from this forum for too long. Things fell down, went boom, eh. I must say, I'm rather flattered that you mentioned me in your letter, MeEtc. Didn't realise I was that.. well "regarded". Thanks.
06-28-2011 12:14 AM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: An open letter to Yuna Software
wait, what? I'm not sure who you are, if you have another account now
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
06-29-2011 04:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Time

This post was edited on 06-29-2011 at 01:53 PM by prashker.
06-29-2011 01:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Time
Father Time is back?!?
06-29-2011 02:09 PM
ixesha

quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Time
Father Time is back?!?

Time, indeed. I'm vaguely "back", I randomly checked the forum out of nostalgia and only just noticed all the changes. Hi Matty, Sam, MeEtc.. :-)
07-07-2011 11:03 AM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
Time to visit an old friend of mine, 2 years later. So what's happened over the past year? We have a new version that looks like a product from 10 years ago, and a new addon that seems to have quite a bit of work added to it.

At least the owners are finally listening to the community. Too bad, but it's too late: the community is gone.
02-21-2012 11:32 PM
Nathalie
Former Yuna Software

– / Female / Flag
Hi MeEtc. Are you referring to the new addon for Skype?  What do you think of Messenger Plus! for Skype?  We've been getting good feedback and attention and are planning some exciting features in the next release.  Just wondering what your thoughts were on it.
Nathalie
Community Liaison
Yuna Software

02-23-2012 03:38 PM
danielocdh

I reduced the quality of your avatar, they don't accept yours because was to big (limit is 17k) mine is 12k

I haven't been active on the messenger plus community but I use messenger plus since I can remember, probably some months later after getting my first computer, perhaps a decade ago.

What you think about the new "driver"?

As soon as I noticed the installing was downloading so much without choosing the sponsor I thought something was wrong, when install finished I went to %programfiles%\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus! to remove "PlusService.exe" and I noticed some crap about "drivers", 2 exes and other strange folders with .inf files. It has been years since I don't install a fishy/spyware program on my computer, Yuna won't recover my trust ever. It is so sad to have to leave messenger plus after these so many years, but I invite to the community to do the same because I believe is the only thing left to do.
07-28-2012 03:35 AM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

38 / Male / Flag
I just re-read what I had written here 2 and a half years ago, and I see that the only prediction that hasn't happened yet is the second re-sale of Plus. The community is mostly gone, the volunteers (mostly) don't give a crap anymore, many of the volunteers have left, nobody trusts the owners, and the owners don't communicate.

Congratulations Yuna! You have succeeded in destroying the reputation of your product.

Oh, I should also mention that I did actually email the original letter to support@msgplus or whatever the email address is now back two years ago. Should be fairly obvious by now, but no, they never replied. No emails, no private messages, nothing aside from the forum posts above that were made a year later.

This post was edited on 08-10-2012 at 11:08 PM by MeEtc.
08-10-2012 02:54 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: