What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » You all wanted it, now i've got it, Messenger Plus! portable

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
You all wanted it, now i've got it, Messenger Plus! portable
Author: Message:
dan1570

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: You all wanted it, now i've got it, Messenger Plus! portable
No it is not fully built yet as it does have the problem on the subkeys not being able to be loaded into HKLM on a LUA however as I said I have tested it on multiple systems and it does work as long as the access privilages are not set to read only. I have teasted this by using on the computer I used to put everything together with multiple user accounts, another computer I own which has had both messenger and plus installed before then uninstalled, one which has been totally formatted and had XP completely re-installed and the computers at my college. It has no issues other than where the Plus! part does not load on LUA although messenger still does. I am going to take my laptop into college today in order to try and get a little further with making it completely portable.
05-15-2008 06:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
RE: You all wanted it, now i've got it, Messenger Plus! portable
Use a virtual machine to do testing instead of having to format over and over and over.
05-15-2008 06:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dan1570

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: You all wanted it, now i've got it, Messenger Plus! portable
I no longer need to format, I just formatted an old unused system that I had, all that happens with it is it boots up and i run what I have, It's not connected to the internet so nothing else can get on it. It has a pure registry. But then again if I'm only testing what I've already built so I don't need to worry about whats on there as long as I dont install messenger or Plus! because it isn't like I'm packing things up with thinstall as I've already said that does not work for Plus! because the Plus! registry values need to know where the files are located and as they are always changing you can't the values an exact location, also you would need to tell the values that the files are inside the thinstalled package.
05-15-2008 06:56 AM
diegoalsina

and..???? what happend with the plus portable???? :)
04-11-2010 12:51 PM
Aardvark

Waterfall! :O

32 / Male / Flag
Many years ago I got flamed for calling BS on this one and I believe mine and a whole lot of others posts were deleted for being so rude.

aha
04-11-2010 12:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: