What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestions] [Wishlist] Messenger Plus! Live 5

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
[Suggestions] [Wishlist] Messenger Plus! Live 5
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Suggestions] [Wishlist] Messenger Plus! Live 5
quote:
yes I'm sure of that. Read my posts properly and in context instead of picking one sentence out of it.
Come on......For ONE wrong sentence you put, just admit you did not understand me on that one pont; Dont blame me.

I have understood EVERYTHING you have said.

I did not except that bitch move (telling me that I hand picked one sentence).
04-22-2010 01:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestions] [Wishlist] Messenger Plus! Live 5
You repeated again and again something I understood from the first time you posted it, so yeah I make that bitch move as all these repeated posts are not needed.

Again, will you please read my first post again, and notice the word intellisense in it? And also read my later posts which explain several ways of implementing it (eg: with or without a scrollbar) and talking about possible advantages or disadvantages for each method.

This post was edited on 04-22-2010 at 01:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-22-2010 01:10 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
possible advantages or disadvantages for each method.
All your posts have been first "Hey its a good idea" but always at the end watering it down with such arguments such as "a 200 contact list would fill up the entire screen) to make it negative.
04-22-2010 01:16 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Ill analyze your posts on this subject and point out the watering down:

Post 1:
quote:
Although some things are hard to do. Eg: your example of /sendmsg isn't the best one because opening a 'small' window with contacts to send a message to will be troubelsome if you have like 200 contacts.

But you understood me....OK

Post 2:
quote:
Again, the point I was trying to make is that you can not have "a small list with contact" when you have like 200 contacts starting with the letter "a". 200 contacts is not a small list yet and if you suggested to show that in a "small" window, it is contradicting. I'm not saying the idea is bad, I was commenting that you also need to consider when or how the "small" window is shown. It doesn't matter if the number of items gets smaller when you type more of the emailadress, the initial number of items is too big to be shown entirly in a window. A window with a list of 200 contacts would be almost as big as your entire screen if you want to show them all...

Again, commenting on how HUGE it would be.

Post 3:
quote:
PS: a very simple way to keep on using a "small" window and yet having 200 contacts displayed (for example), is to have a simple scrollbar I guess...

If you understood what I ment from the start, why post this?

I mean, just think for a second: Why would I suggest a HUGE popup window with all my contacts? And if you knew from the start that I was talking about intelisense, you know how intelisense works with (like your "idea" said) with a scrollbar and showing the first 10 items.

You are blaming me for something I suggested from the start and even have the NERVE in the second post about this to actually suggest a idea you understood from (acording to your words) from the start.

Blaming me is the bitch move. You stating a idea (small list with 10 items and a scrollbar) that I ment (obviously, since you understood me from the start) is something I rather pass my opinion on.
04-22-2010 01:24 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
for crying out loud...

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
possible advantages or disadvantages for each method.
All your posts have been first "Hey its a good idea" but always at the end watering it down with such arguments such as "a 200 contact list would fill up the entire screen) to make it negative.
This reply shows you apparently didn't understood what I've said or why I said it.

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
[...]
If you understood what I ment from the start, why post this?
because it's a different way to implement intellisense. Because there is more than one way.

eg:
-the whole list of items visible in one plane (which will produce a huge window with 200 contacts)
-only the first x items visible in one plane (not really usefull for a huge list of contacts)
-the whole list of items in a scrollable window (still troublesome for a huge list of contacts because it still needs lots of scrolling and searching if you don't know the exact name or email - which in the end was the whole purpose of this: to make it easier to select a contact)
-etc...
-etc...

And from your post it isn't clear in what exact way the list would be made visible. The only indication from your post would be "a small list". On which I replied that it wouldn't be small if you have like 200 contacts (and also: 'a list' != 'a window'). On which you replied with the exact same thing as before (type 'a' and list gets shortened with contacts beginning with letter 'a'), and not understanding that there are different ways to display something like intelissense, or even what intellisense is.
And thus I said that you didn't brought up anything new and thus you didn't made a real reply to my post. And yet you posted again the exact same thing (type 'a' and blahblah) without ANY clarification or notion about different existing methods to display the stuff. On which I replied in detail what is 'wrong' with your "small list". And yet you still keep on repeating the same stuff (type 'a' and blahblah), so yeah, of course I get a bit aggravated then...

-------------

Hence I'm not going to reply anymore to this. I know what intellisense means (you clearly didn't) and that it can be implemented in different ways (which you apparently didn't think about or didn't understood from my posts). Ways which all have their own advantage/disadvantage, which I tried to expand on. And last: a list is not a window. You constantly talked about "a list", a list is a bunch of items, it doesn't say a thing about how it is displayed. And it is exactly that what I posted about...
If you fail to understand all of that, then it's your loss, sorry...

This post was edited on 04-22-2010 at 08:18 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-22-2010 04:35 AM
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
I didnt check whole thread but i d like to see oversized display picture option again if its possible with MPlive.
[Image: 23rs9ya.gif]
04-22-2010 10:00 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: