What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How can i get MSN to run in my notification bar?

How can i get MSN to run in my notification bar?
Author: Message:
Kliam

O.P. How can i get MSN to run in my notification bar?
I recently upgraded to windows 7 and now MSN Messenger runs on my taskbar instead, how can i get it to run in the notification bar again?  Also, how can i get rid of the extra tab that tells me my status on MSN messenger?
03-11-2010 04:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: How can i get MSN to run in my notification bar?
Neither, I believe, are possible at the moment.

However, the extra tab problem will be fixed in Windows Live Messenger 2010.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6525 days, 3 hours, 54 minutes, 32 seconds ago.

03-11-2010 05:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger and open the properties for msnmsgr.exe. Then select the Compatibility tab and set it to Windows Vista SP2. This should do the trick, although it's not recommended to do it as some features of Messenger Plus! Live may be affected, like Tabbed Chatting.
03-11-2010 06:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Please don't advise people to use Compatibility Mode as we know that there are adverse affects to it.  Messenger not appearing in the system tray ISN'T a bug/problem, it's just something to get used to......the things that can result from using Compatibility mode ARE problems and as such it shouldn't be recommended or advised
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 49 minutes, 2 seconds ago
03-11-2010 07:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How can i get MSN to run in my notification bar?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Please don't advise people to use Compatibility Mode as we know that there are adverse affects to it.

...which I outlined in my post. It's really up to him whether he does it or not, hopefully he now knows what the consequences are if he decides to use it. In any case, I wasn't exactly advising him to use it; I told him how it would be done and then said it wasn't recommended to do so as certain aspects of Plus! would be affected. If he's not using any of the features that have been known to break in conjunction with Compatibility mode, he shouldn't have any problems.

When Messenger 2010 rolls around this "fix" isn't likely to work anymore anyway, so why not keep using it until then? Personally I don't have it in Compatibility mode, and I don't even use Tabbed Chats or anything, but if people understand the risk of using it, they should at least get some sort of answer.
03-11-2010 08:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: