What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » FFXIII

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
FFXIII
Author: Message:
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: FFXIII
I got to the second disk in just over 8 hours and I'm 3 hours into the second disk... It's only just starting to get interesting.

It's the most linear "RPG" I've ever played. I'm really disappointed by it. I bought Mass Effect 2 at the same time, expecting to complete FFXIII then play Mass Effect 2 afterwards, but it's the other way around.

Oh, and I'm so stressed that it's not as good as I hoped that I went and bought a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.
03-20-2010 01:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I've never played Final Fantasy before. :grin:
Same.

It looks shit!

* Chrissy runs
03-20-2010 01:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I've never played Final Fantasy before. :grin:
Same.

It looks shit!

* krissy-afc runs

Final Fantasy IX is the "entry" game to be honest. You should have a go on that, you'd really enjoy it. In fact, I might buy it for my PS2 (if it works!)

Kingdom Hearts is way better than Final Fantasy though.
03-20-2010 02:57 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: FFXIII
I bought FFVII a long time ago when you told me it was good Sam :p but I've never gotten around to playing it, I think I played it for about an hour and didn't like it that much, maybe I'll go back to it

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
If you want a great game then I have to recommend uncharted 2. Yes its not an rpg but it has that lasting appeal that your looking for as well as the great online. Remember ff13 is one play through type game (its awesome but rent it) so if your looking for a game you can come back to then i strongly suggest checking out Uncharted 2 if you haven't yet.

Will get (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I got to the second disk in just over 8 hours and I'm 3 hours into the second disk... It's only just starting to get interesting.

It's the most linear "RPG" I've ever played. I'm really disappointed by it. I bought Mass Effect 2 at the same time, expecting to complete FFXIII then play Mass Effect 2 afterwards, but it's the other way around.

Oh, and I'm so stressed that it's not as good as I hoped that I went and bought a PS2 with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.

Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I'm waiting for them to announce a new game for the PS3 instead of the three (or two?) they just released.. those were for the DS, the PSP and one for cellphones. Btw, if you haven't already, get Re:CoM .. it's the remake of the PSP game, it happens between I and II. You can fight the whole organization and stuff (It's a PS2 game btw)

Oh and the Final Mixes are also fun, but they're in Japanese (But there's guides online for the items so you know what they are, so it's really not that bad if you don't speak Japanese)

Still not convinced about FFXIII :P I think I'll get either Little Big Planet or Uncharted 2 for now
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
03-21-2010 12:07 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:

As a die hard fan of both. I would say they are both great in their own way :p.
03-21-2010 08:48 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:

As a die hard fan of both. I would say they are both great in their own way :p.

Nah no way.

I've started playing Final Fantasy XI & X though. Not too bothered about XIII at the moment. I'm just at the part where you have to press the orbs to change the weather.
03-26-2010 07:48 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I have never played FF either :p

Doesn't seem fun at all. Looks like all the other boring japanese fantasy games
03-26-2010 08:33 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I had FFX on PS2, it was pretty decent and good fun, just not my usual cup of tea....probably won't be bothering with FFXIII, more interested in getting Prison Break - The Conspiracy and I Am Alive (if it EVER comes out!)....as well as the new Splinter Cell on PC (damn there not being a PS3 version!)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5186 days, 1 hour, 14 minutes, 22 seconds ago
03-26-2010 01:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
I had FFX on PS2, it was pretty decent and good fun, just not my usual cup of tea....probably won't be bothering with FFXIII, more interested in getting Prison Break - The Conspiracy and I Am Alive (if it EVER comes out!)....as well as the new Splinter Cell on PC (damn there not being a PS3 version!)
The Splinter Cell Conviction demo was depressing.

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I'm waiting for them to announce a new game for the PS3 instead of the three (or two?) they just released.. those were for the DS, the PSP and one for cellphones. Btw, if you haven't already, get Re:CoM .. it's the remake of the PSP game, it happens between I and II. You can fight the whole organization and stuff (It's a PS2 game btw)

Oh and the Final Mixes are also fun, but they're in Japanese (But there's guides online for the items so you know what they are, so it's really not that bad if you don't speak Japanese)

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the Xbox 360 too!!! I played Chain of Memories on the GBA but not on the DS or PSP. I'm tempted to get CoM for the Playstation 2 but I can't seem to find a Region 2 copy of it anywhere...
03-26-2010 10:51 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Nah no way.
:zippy:

quote:
Hopefully Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on the Xbox 360 too!!!
I would jizz my pants in 0.01 seconds.

I have played KH1 Final Mix, KH: Chain of Memories (GBA), KH2: Final Mix, and a bit of the DS one with Roxas (Birth By Sleep?)

On KH2: Final Mix I still haven't beaten Enigmatic Soldier :sad:.

This post was edited on 03-27-2010 at 12:36 AM by prashker.
03-27-2010 12:36 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: