What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Questions about "What's new?"

Questions about "What's new?"
Author: Message:
likurtgerty

O.P. Questions about "What's new?"
Ok I know how to disable it. Alt+tools+options+layout+show the what's new list.

But how can I keep from being shown in other peoples what's new list? And also on http://home.live.com/whatsnew.aspx ?

I have people in my contacts that don't publish in that list (I'm not blocked by them), so how do I disable that!?!?!?!
03-28-2010 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
RE: Questions about "What's new?"
quote:
Originally posted by likurtgerty
how can I keep from being shown in other peoples what's new list? And also on http://home.live.com/whatsnew.aspx ?

Go to http://profile.live.com/whatsnewwithyousettings/, sign in and select the actions you want to share with others.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
03-28-2010 10:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
likurtgerty

O.P. RE: Questions about "What's new?"
thnx! didn't find it when i looked for it. They must be hiding this kind of stuff to get more clicks or something... or i'm just dumb...
03-28-2010 10:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
It is a bit of a maze to find. Hotmail doesn't organise its options/settings very well like Gmail does.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-28-2010 11:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by likurtgerty
thnx! didn't find it when i looked for it. They must be hiding this kind of stuff to get more clicks or something... or i'm just dumb...
It's certainly not hidden (but you're not dumb either). And although it is somewhat a long way to end up there, the way to find such settings is logical though.

The reason is because there are a lot of different products and each product's settings can influence another Live product. And there are a lot of privacy settings in the Live products (which are unfortunatly all still enabled by default!).

If you go to your Live profile page you'll find somewhere a settings button/menu (usually in the top right corner), from their you can go to the general settings page and from there to the privacy settings and their you'll find pages like those "what's new" settings.

It is currently indeed a 'maze' (because of the so many different options and products, way more than Google has btw), but with Wave 4 (the next version) those settings will be streamlined a bit more and the user interface for them will be greatly improved.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-28-2010 10:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: