What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Prevent "MSN Freeze tools" with CAPTCHA

Prevent "MSN Freeze tools" with CAPTCHA
Author: Message:
ctx77

O.P. Prevent "MSN Freeze tools" with CAPTCHA
Hello!

My suggestion is that you should include a CAPTCHA inside the Windows Live Messenger. Basically it will appear after you've typed the wrong password too many times in Windows Live Messenger. (It'd work the same way it does in the browser, since when you type the wrong pass too many times you can fill in the right password and the CAPTCHA code even if the email login is blocked, because of too many password attempts)

The main reason why I'd like this implemented is because a lot of people use these so called MSN Freeze programs that are specifically designed to type in the wrong password in someone's email so it gets blocked for a short amount of time and there's no way to access Windows Live Messenger because of this, but if my method would be implemented, with the CAPTCHA thing, if it's possible of course... then it would make all these so called programs useless. A lot of people use this method with these programs to blackmail the owner of the email to do certain things for him/her or pay etc.

I hope I've explained my suggestion clearly enough, if any questions just ask!

Kind Regards,
-/
04-26-2010 07:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Prevent "MSN Freeze tools" with CAPTCHA
Unfortunately, this is not the Windows Live Messenger forums, but the Messenger Plus! Live forums.

Even if the feature you want could be done with Plus!, it would be of very limited use because the person who would want to freeze your account could simply not use it. I also doubt this feature will be officially implemented any time soon.
[Image: signature.php]
04-26-2010 07:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Prevent "MSN Freeze tools" with CAPTCHA
ctx77: try to post your suggestion in the Windows Live Messenger portal: http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=2 there you can get an official answer
[Image: sig.png]
04-26-2010 01:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: