What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Sounds - new fix - everyone read!

Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Sounds - new fix - everyone read!
Author: Message:
cca

– / Male / –
Huh?  RE: Sounds - new fix - everyone read!
Hello. I'm new here and I have sound problems too. The only version that worked was the SoundTesting.zip posted in this topic. Unfortunately it has been removed since, and I was stupid enough to deleted when I download the newest 2.10.34 version, only to found out that it doesn't work! Does anyone still have that file?
05-03-2003 11:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cca

– / Male / –
RE: Sounds - new fix - everyone read!
Actualy, that file is newer that the one I 'm talking about. And the problem isn't just with the internal MP3 sounds, it can't play even a simple wav I put in "Contact Sounds". Sometimes it even displays a window saying that my soundcard is unable to play that file, something totaly false as it plays file in WMP9 and Winamp. There is something wrong with the way Messenger Plus! is handling audio playback.

This post was edited on 05-04-2003 at 11:47 AM by cca.
05-04-2003 11:46 AM
Phat_dj

34 / Male / –
Hey! Patchou i downloaded the latest version of Msg plus and it works fine for me maybe if it doesn't work you should download Windows media player 9

MatT-
05-04-2003 03:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Novacaine

I tried this link:

http://www.msgplus.net/temp/MPTest.zip.

to get the April 30th version (or may 1st, whichever it was) and the page comes up saying "Page cannot be found".

Anyone know where i can get this latest fix? I had same prob with latest version - scratchy sounds etc. Then Patchous first try at fixing it worked, but the sounds ended too early. This April 30th sounds like its doing the job - but i cant find it!

Thanks for any help....
05-05-2003 11:19 AM
cool_dexie

When I try to download your upload, my computer doesn't find the page. Can you email the attachment to me? p_berss@hotmail.com or can you attach it into your message?
05-05-2003 05:47 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

Patchou probably deleted the file. Of course he's trying to fix the problem, so in the next version the problem is maybe fixed. (Because u r not the only people who have this problem....;))
05-05-2003 06:20 PM
cool_dexie

But many people said the file worked, so why would he delete it?? do you know about when the newest version comes out? I do have the newest now. Do you know a website were I can download the old msn plus? Because I didn't have the problem in that one
05-05-2003 06:24 PM
pepitajuana

Hi patchou!

I have the same sound problem.

I tried  to get in the latest pages but I can't It doesn't let me visit http://www.msgplus.net/temp/MPTest.zip  I don't know why

05-05-2003 09:22 PM
RuuddieBoy

RE: RE: Sounds - new fix - everyone read!
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Here you go, yet another update... I hope this one wont crash for you. If it does, please let me know when. The new update can be downlaod at http://www.msgplus.net/temp/MPTest.zip. If you install it correctly, the about box will say "April 30th". So what I need now is that kind of reply:
"I have April 30th version, sounds are working perfectly (or not), Messenger doesnt crash (or it does)".

Waiting for your news.... again, thank you all for your time,
Patchou

Link is down?
Ah well, I'm running the normal .32 version here without any problems, but I just wanted to check if the debug version would run correctly here...

/edit: doh, didn't look well, was an old post. But it seems the link hasn't changed jet :P

This post was edited on 05-05-2003 at 10:00 PM by RuuddieBoy.
05-05-2003 09:58 PM
maxpayne2409

41 / Male / –
Sad  RE: Sounds - new fix - everyone read!
i have downloaded and installed version 2.10.32, that seems to be the only one available to download from the official site coz when it installs in the "about" window it says 2.10.32 and also on the install screen.

anyway since installing that the sounds wont work at all, before i installed 2.10.32 all the sounds worked except for brb which was just a click, and hello which just cut off at the end, now having installed 2.10.32 all the sounds have gone totally garbled and sound like something from star trek:|

i have tried it with windows messenger that comes with xp and also with msn 5 but the problem is still there.

ps - where can i download 2.10.34 or 2.10.35 until the official site link is updated

pps - i tryed adding to this msg an attachment, a sample wav and mp3 of the sound all my sounds make on msn but it wudnt let me so ill describe it, its sort of a gargling sound.

thanks for listening
Do Unto Others As They Would Have Done Unto You....... Only Make Sure You Do It First
05-05-2003 11:42 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: