What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » finding lost contacts please help!!

finding lost contacts please help!!
Author: Message:
budgie5359@hotmail

O.P. finding lost contacts please help!!
my hard drive went caput!  lost all my contacts so can i find some of them again just by knowing the first part of the adress?  , or  by their screen name?  this is a new hard drive by the way so i av had to start all over again.  ty in advance if u can help  cheers
05-29-2010 12:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: finding lost contacts please help!!
When you sign into Messenger it should pick up your contacts automatically.  They are stored on the server, not on your hard drive, so signing into your account on ANY computer, into any messenger service (whether it's WLM itself, or a webmessenger or phone messenger), it should pick up all of your contacts
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes, 29 seconds ago
05-29-2010 01:47 PM
budgie5359@hotmail

O.P. RE: RE: finding lost contacts please help!!
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
When you sign into Messenger it should pick up your contacts automatically.  They are stored on the server, not on your hard drive, so signing into your account on ANY computer, into any messenger service (whether it's WLM itself, or a webmessenger or phone messenger), it should pick up all of your contacts
    t y u very much 4 ur reply its very gud of u.  wen i set up my msn agen i  used a different password to get it going agen and so ther was no trace of old  contacts on there. i av the first names of some of the contacts but not the hotmail . com   or   yahoo . co .uk  etc   ty
05-29-2010 02:46 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: finding lost contacts please help!!
quote:
Originally posted by budgie5359@hotmail
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
    t y u very much 4 ur reply its very gud of u.  wen i set up my msn agen i  used a different password to get it going agen and so ther was no trace of old  contacts on there. i av the first names of some of the contacts but not the hotmail . com   or   yahoo . co .uk  etc   ty
You should use the same address and password as before. On a completely new account, with now way to access the old harddrive, I don't think it's possible to recover anything.
[Image: signature.php]
05-30-2010 01:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: