What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » E-mail validation problem

E-mail validation problem
Author: Message:
tray86

O.P. E-mail validation problem
Hi,

I created my account in 2004 and wanted to change my account name to a valid e-mail address cause I deleted the original e-mail box long ago...

I changed my account to the valid e-mail. The contact list, and my pers. information transferred correctly but

every person has my old e-mail address in their contact list therefore everybody is offline in my contact list cause the new address isn't added to their contact list. Of course, they don't see me as online either...
I cant deliver a message to them etc...

So, i changed back the account name to the original one

now  i cannot validate the e-mail address 'cause the address isn't existed and i cannot make it existed, it's out of question.

Any idea? thnx

This post was edited on 05-29-2010 at 06:25 PM by tray86.
05-29-2010 06:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TReKiE
Elite Member

41 / Male / Flag
RE: E-mail validation problem
This is a known problem, but it does sometimes work.  So, you may just want to try again.  One thing however, don't sign into your account for maybe a day after you change the address.  This is key as if you sign in, it seems to interrupt the process and you end up in the limbo (all contacts offline) situation.

However, this is basically hit or miss, it used to work slightly more reliably, but over the past year or two seems to fail more than it works.
[Image: favicon.ico] Jonathan Kay

Note: I am not Dutch, but not from lack of trying :P
06-02-2010 03:36 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tray86

O.P. RE: E-mail validation problem
Thnx.

Then Im gonna wait 2 days...
06-02-2010 12:57 PM
TReKiE
Elite Member

41 / Male / Flag
RE: E-mail validation problem
Yeah I understand why you would want to do that, but I wouldn't wait too long.  The reason being is that although logging in does seem to disrupt it, that isn't the only reason why this breaks.

So if it doesn't work in the first day, it's probably not going to (and you can switch back and try again).  In fact my old advice on this problem was to initiate the process before you go to sleep and then it should be completed in the morning (this is before it got really bad at the beginning of last year).

If it's persistent in not working, there are other options but they don't work for everyone and are quite time consuming.  Hopefully it won't come to that.
[Image: favicon.ico] Jonathan Kay

Note: I am not Dutch, but not from lack of trying :P
06-02-2010 03:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tray86

O.P. RE: E-mail validation problem
Dear TReKiE,

I could not remake my old e-mail address and I would not like to use an unvalidated account, therefore I decided for a changed one.

I tried to delete the windows live cache from document/local settings. I also deleted everyone from my contact list and I added them again one by one. It did not work.

I saved my contact list and deleted all of the contacts again but this time from the www.windowslive.com hp. I uploaded the contact list after that (I had got a failure message, but it worked lol).

Result:

From nearly 50 contacts, I can only see 10 people as online. The others are offline everytime. I think they did not choose the ignoration of the messages from unknown person (so anyone can see their status as well), and when I sent them a message they said my contact address automatically had changed in their contact list after the message had been received.

I cannot send a message those who ignore everyone outside their friends and the messenger does not send any kind of invite to them after I add them again to my contact list.

Could you please give me a possible solution? I would not like to make a full new account... I have a possession for old accounts and such a non-material "bit" things :>

Anyway, it looks like the Microsoft products like to kill themselves if the user does not kill them, because my 9 years old XP system went to hell after I agreed to install a "very very important" update...
This time I have only liked to change my ID to an existed e-mail address... :>

This post was edited on 06-11-2010 at 09:54 PM by tray86.
06-11-2010 09:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: