What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » World cup South Africa 2010

Pages: (23): « First « 18 19 20 21 [ 22 ] 23 » Last »
World cup South Africa 2010
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: World cup South Africa 2010
Spain won :(
I must have a little of Mick Jagger, all the teams I've gone for lost. Also, the game was disappointing and boring for the first 100 minutes, that wasn't footbal.
There was everything: people grabbing the other team, trhowing the ball directly to the goal when returning it to the goalkeeper [should've been to the side], a kick in the chest...

But congrats Spain, you deserve it :P Nice, huh? They never got to the finals and the single time they get to it they win :)
[Image: Empty.png]
07-12-2010 07:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: World cup South Africa 2010
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
that goal kick that should've been a corner could've changed the match.
True, and I would like to see a replay of the pass just before the goal. Guy who scored was fine, but it looked like offside before that.

Oh well, looks like we won anyway: CBS: The Netherlands Win World Cup

EDIT: Corrected now, mirror:
[Image: cbs-the-netherlands-win-world-cup2.jpg]

lol i guess they had both articles ready, how dodgy :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
07-12-2010 11:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdRfU5IEuI&feature=related
07-13-2010 12:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Apparently the Dutch hate the (English) ref now. Call me biased but, I think he done well.

[Image: dejongalonsofoulholland.jpg]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-13-2010 02:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

36 / Male / Flag
De Jong should have received a red. He's one lucky guy..
And yeah, the ref didn't want to ruin the match but tbh, the red should have come a lot earlier the way the Dutch were playing.

Historically though, Howard Webb has always been at the center of things at the BPL. I was surprised to see him at the finals. :p

Edit: Then there was the tackle by Augo (or something) quite early in the game where he went in studs up. A clear red card. Could have broken the guy's leg :-/

This post was edited on 07-13-2010 at 02:59 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
07-13-2010 02:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Recap: 2010 World Cup Final

[Image: NJI0o.png]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-13-2010 04:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Apparently the Dutch hate the (English) ref now. Call me biased but, I think he done well.
Not for the cards. But we should have got a corner. And there apparently was an offside situation just before Spain scored, but they never showed a proper replay of that so I don't know.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-13-2010 08:51 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
De Jong should have received a red. He's one lucky guy..
And yeah, the ref didn't want to ruin the match but tbh, the red should have come a lot earlier the way the Dutch were playing.

Historically though, Howard Webb has always been at the center of things at the BPL. I was surprised to see him at the finals. :p

De Jong should definitely have been sent off, but Webb was behind the incident, he wouldn't have seen the full effect of it. 

I definitely wasn't surprised to see Webb in the final, he's been consistently the best referee we've had in the country for some time (Oh, and it's EPL, not BPL, it's English, not British ;)).  Kinda disappointing to see such a dirty final.....some referees get accused of being card happy, but if anything he was the opposite...tried to keep 11 players on the pitch for as long as possible when there were 3 or 4 others that could've gone before Heitinga (both straight reds and second yellows).  I wonder what the odds will be on a red in the final in 2014 after reds in 2010 and 2006 :P

I thought it was a very tense final....both teams look scared to lose, a start contrast from the 3rd/4th game where both teams looked fired up to win.

@Menthix, yeah, the corner is a sore point...at least you didn't have a goal disallowed ;):P.  It sucks, but these things happen.  The offside was replayed comprehensively on English TV and it was shown that he was in fact just onside.

Bit disappointing as a final really...and a strange tournament in many ways, with lots of big players flopping, but at least it was a new winner and generally a success I think.

Bring on Euro 2012 :D

This post was edited on 07-13-2010 at 09:01 AM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, 56 seconds ago
07-13-2010 08:59 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
The offside was replayed comprehensively on English TV and it was shown that he was in fact just onside.
They guy who scored or before that? I know the guy who scored was onside, but it was the situation just before that.

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
It sucks, but these things happen.
True. It's the foreign media who are making a huge deal about it :p. Yes 1 or 2 players commented on the ref in interviews on the field just after the match. Can you blame them for that with frustration being that high? But it's not like the Dutch are walking around ready to lynch Webb.

There are walking hundreds of thousands of Dutchies in Amsterdam ready to welcome the team as if they did win :p. Odd situation. Originally the team would only get a boat tour through the canals if they win, with a ceremony after that on Museumplein (big square which holds about 250000 people). If they lost the idea was to only have the ceremony on Museumplein. But because they are still expecting so much people (close to a million) the city decided to do the 2 hour boat tour through the canals anyway. Partly for security reasons so the can spread the people who come to watch through the city :).

This post was edited on 07-13-2010 at 09:31 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-13-2010 09:25 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
They guy who scored or before that? I know the guy who scored was onside, but it was the situation just before that.

Yeah, the one just before it was onside too, it was close to being level, but he definitely wasn't past the last man.

This post was edited on 07-13-2010 at 06:44 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5185 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, 56 seconds ago
07-13-2010 09:56 AM
Pages: (23): « First « 18 19 20 21 [ 22 ] 23 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: