What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Any way to convert legacy (.txt) logs into something useful?

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Any way to convert legacy (.txt) logs into something useful?
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Any way to convert legacy (.txt) logs into something useful?
I just mean something you can code. When it's fun it changes various things (formatting it) and making it work.

If anyone had the knowledge and time to do it they could, but I don't think anyone will, sorry ;)
06-18-2010 02:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ian_hawdon

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Any way to convert legacy (.txt) logs into something useful?
The formatting doesn't really bother me, as long as the text is all still there :)
06-18-2010 02:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ian_hawdon

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Any way to convert legacy (.txt) logs into something useful?
In theory, a script would run something like this:

code:
Search for the following string: "| Session Start:"

search for string for next occurrence of: ".--------------------------------------------------------------------."

if number of lines between these strings > 2 then ignore (as multi conversations will be much harder to convert)

else, detect your username from first line by searching for an email and store as $localuser

detect recipient username from second line by searching for an email and store as $recipientuser

convert date from "Session Start:" to the YYYY-MM-DD format and store as $sessiondate

search for first time stamp from the first message ( [HH:MM:SS] ) strip the brackets and store as $sessionstart

Print the following into an html file

<html><head><title>Conversation with $recepientuser at $sessiondate $sessionstart on $localuser (msn)</title></head><body><h3>Conversation with $recepientuser at $sessiondate $sessionstart on $localuser (msn)</h3>

Next, identify all unique screen names (aliases) from each line of the conversation and ask which username it refers to (as the text logs dont make it clear)

Then identify status messages ("user has changed their name to" or "user has gone offline") by looking for messages starting with a *

Format all local user messages with the following HTML:

<font color="#16569E"><font size="2">(TIMESTAMP)</font> <b>SCREEN NAME (TRUNCATED):</b></font> <font sml="MSN">CONVERSATION TEXT</font><br/>

Format all recipient messages with the following HTML:

<font color="#A82F2F"><font size="2">(TIMESTAMP)</font> <b>SCREEN NAME (TRUNCATED):</b></font> <font sml="MSN"><span style='font-family: High Tower Text; '><strong><span style='color: #ff0000; '>CONVERSATION TEXT</span></strong></span></font><br/>

Format all status message with the following HTML:

<font size="2">(TIMESTAMP)</font><b> SCREEN NAME (TRUNCATED). STATUS.</b><br/>

close the file with:

</body></html>

then save the file with the following date format: $recipientuser/YYYY-MM-DD.HHMMSS.html

But I have no idea how to code it!

This post was edited on 08-05-2010 at 11:46 AM by ian_hawdon.
06-19-2010 04:32 PM
ian_hawdon

34 / Male / Flag
bump?
08-01-2010 04:27 PM
Phil_123

All your base are belong to us

– / Male / –
PM me a legacy log and a Pidgin log, I can try to code one.
08-05-2010 06:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ian_hawdon

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Any way to convert legacy (.txt) logs into something useful?
quote:
Originally posted by Phil_123
PM me a legacy log and a Pidgin log, I can try to code one.

Sent as PM
08-05-2010 11:46 AM
ian_hawdon

34 / Male / Flag
heard nothing from Phil_123, bumping again
09-11-2010 05:42 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Hey,

Obviously nobody is interested or they would of posted.

If you REALLY need it done offer some cash and then you'll get a lot of contenders that will raise their hand.

Good Luck ;)
09-12-2010 03:02 PM
XP1

I coded the most basic, rudimentary program in one hour while I was eating noodles. Then, I had to had to work on it some more. However, it is still not complete. Some parts need fixing, cleanup, and whatever.

I need more examples and more testing, for example, files with status messages in legacy format and HTML.

Is this what you want?

code:
<html><head><title>Conversation with Recipient's user name at 2004-02-26 16:44:33 on My user name (msn)</title></head><body><h3>Conversation with Recipient's user name at 2004-02-26 16:44:33 on My user name (msn)</h3><font color="#16569E"><font size="2">16:44:33</font> <b>My user name:</b></font> <font sml="MSN">Hello there
</font><br/><font color="#A82F2F"><font size="2">16:45:02</font> <b>Recipient's :</b></font> <font sml="MSN"><span style="font-family: High Tower Text;"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">hi
</span></strong></span></font><br/><font color="#16569E"><font size="2">16:45:49</font> <b>My user name:</b></font> <font sml="MSN">How are you?
</font><br/><font color="#A82F2F"><font size="2">16:46:37</font> <b>Recipient's :</b></font> <font sml="MSN"><span style="font-family: High Tower Text;"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">I'm ok
</span></strong></span></font><br/><font color="#A82F2F"><font size="2">16:46:38</font> <b>Recipient's :</b></font> <font sml="MSN"><span style="font-family: High Tower Text;"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">yourself?</span></strong></span></font><br/></body></html>

The HTML doesn't validate.

Check the HTML file and the Java source code (...\src\) in the "Messenger Plus! Legacy Chatlog.zip" file.

It's my first public program, so maybe someone else can do better than me.

Also, you seem not to like that the names are getting cut off. Do you want them to be the full name and not get cut off?

.zip File Attachment: Messenger Plus! Legacy Chatlog.zip (25.04 KB)
This file has been downloaded 149 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-03-2010 at 12:45 AM by XP1.
10-03-2010 12:30 AM
ian_hawdon

34 / Male / Flag
Cheers, I'll check that out.

In the case of Pidgin, the HTML will not validate, but needs to be laid out the way it's expecting or it doesn't seem to read them at all!
10-03-2010 10:22 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: