What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contacts cant invite me to show webcam?

Contacts cant invite me to show webcam?
Author: Message:
MiniMan

O.P. Contacts cant invite me to show webcam?
SHORT EXPLANATION: Contacts cannot invite me to show JUST my webcam but I can do a call (audio + video) just fine. When they invite me it automatically says I decline them.

Okay my webcam is a Lifecam VX-6000 and I'm on Windows 7 32 bit. My webcam pretty much works fine with EVERYTHING. I can even do a full call (With audio AND video) with Windows Live Messenger just fine.

BUT the one thing it just CANNOT do for WHATEVER reason is have someone invite me to JUST show my webcam (No audio, just video).

The contact invites me but it instantly says I declined the invitation. What is the problem? I have completely uninstalled WML AND my camera drivers then reinstalled them but it still didnt work...so I thought maybe MSN+ was causing the problem and I uninstalled that. Still nothing.

My webcam works fine. This seems to be a problem with WML. Is there some setting I may have accidentally turned on that auto-declines these invitations? And yes, I have done the Tools>Audio & Video setup. Like I said, my camera is fully functioning properly it's just for some reason contacts cant invite me to show/view JUST my webcam.

Please, any help is GREATLY appreciated.

07-14-2010 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts cant invite me to show webcam?
In the latest version of Windows Live Messenger they removed this feature. You can only do video calling, and no more one way calling.
They did this to prepare for WLM2011 that only allows video calling.

There is however a way to bypass this. You can downgrade messenger. This is not recommended, and there might be unfix bugs or problems (usually not).

How to downgrade:

Start > (In XP, click Run) > Type in the following & press enter:

msiexec /x {B57EAFF2-D6EE-4C6C-9175-ED9F17BFC1BC}

Follow instructions to uninstall WLM.

Then download and install this version:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/redir/w3qfe2/wlm.asp

---

Like you, I didn't like this decision so please contact Windows Live Feedback and tell them what you think. Good Luck.

This post was edited on 07-14-2010 at 09:18 PM by Chrissy.
07-14-2010 09:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MiniMan

O.P. RE: Contacts cant invite me to show webcam?
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

WOW it feels AMAZING to have finally fixed that. What is the Windows Live team THINKING. Thank you again, I think I will send a little email to them.
07-14-2010 09:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts cant invite me to show webcam?
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMan
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

WOW it feels AMAZING to have finally fixed that. What is the Windows Live team THINKING. Thank you again, I think I will send a little email to them.
Please do, the link is in my signature :)
07-14-2010 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: