What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Does Blocked contact knows?

Does Blocked contact knows?
Author: Message:
LavenderSpring

O.P. Huh?  Does Blocked contact knows?
Hi,

I'm using Msger plus live. may i know if i have blocked a contact, but this person is using Msger Plus live too, so will this person still able to view my updated personal msg, or any activities regarding me?

Secondly, once I gotten to know that when i blocked this person, but didnt inform anyone about it. But somehow this person gotten to know that i have blocked her when she approach my friend. Is it possible she got to know coz she is using Msger Plus Live during that time?
07-14-2010 08:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Does Blocked contact knows?
If you have blocked a contact then they cannot see any of your updated statuses or activities, regardless of whether they are using Messenger Plus! Live.

She could've found out that you'd blocked her by asking a friend who has you on their contact list if you were online.  If you were appearing online to that person, but offline to your friend then they'd know you'd blocked them.

This is nothing to do with Messenger Plus! Live nor any other piece of software.  Block checking software doesn't work, the method I described above is the only way to know
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5207 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes, 1 second ago
07-14-2010 08:34 AM
luvluv

1) It's funny. I had a girlfrend telling me tat my boyfriend is online but in my msn, he is offline.

Then I knew he had blocked me. But when I look into the "contact list clean up", it says I m still in his contact list.

2) Later, I tried other ways to prove Messenger Plus is nt accurate. I created an empty msn account.

Then I add my other msn contact...then block it and del. Tis one is accurate cos it shows tat I no longer in contact list.

But later i add back n unblock...it says I m no longer in contact list.

Dun tink Messenger Plus is accurate.
07-21-2010 07:19 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by luvluv
1) It's funny. I had a girlfrend telling me tat my boyfriend is online but in my msn, he is offline.

Then I knew he had blocked me. But when I look into the "contact list clean up", it says I m still in his contact list.

2) Later, I tried other ways to prove Messenger Plus is nt accurate. I created an empty msn account.

Then I add my other msn contact...then block it and del. Tis one is accurate cos it shows tat I no longer in contact list.

But later i add back n unblock...it says I m no longer in contact list.

Dun tink Messenger Plus is accurate.

Messenger Plus is as accurate as the information provided to it by Windows Live Messenger.

Also, is you 'h' key broken/damaged? It makes it very hard to read when people don't talk properly
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
07-21-2010 07:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by luvluv
1) It's funny. I had a girlfrend telling me that my boyfriend is online but in my msn, he is offline.

These two things (being blocked and being in the contact list) do not have anything todo with eachother.

This post was edited on 07-22-2010 at 10:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2010 10:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: