What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?
Author: Message:
OttawaAnimeFan

O.P. Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?
Hello

It seems MicroSoft has made some changes to Windows Live as of a few days ago and it's really driving me nuts.

The problem I'm having is, each time I log into mail.msn.com to read my email, it signs me into their stupid web messenger, and signs me out of my stand alone client of MSN 8.5.

This only started happening like 3 days ago it seems and it's very frustrating.  I will get a notice in MSN Messenger 8.5 that I have a new email.  I click on the mail icon in the left upper corner.... then it kicks me out of MSN and all my conversations start appearing on the web interface :(

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove or block this new Messenger web integration?  I definitely do not want, each time I just check my email on the web page, that it logs into Messenger, it's so unnecessary a feature.

Thanks
07-30-2010 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patrick793

RE: Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?
Upgrade to the latest Windows Live Messenger. You cannot disable the automatic sign in from what I know.
07-30-2010 08:23 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Automatic display name change & status change (WLM)

If you upgrade your client to the latest official release it will support MPOP. MPOP is a protocol that allows you to sign into the Messenger service on multiple computers. Therefore if you sign into your email you will not be disconnected from the client.

Now if you sign out of the web based messenger that thread states that you should have the ability to disable the auto signin.

Cheers.
07-30-2010 08:26 PM
BadRabbit

It may state that it has that option, but we can't find it. I've looked everywhere and I don't see the option to disable that anywhere. :|
[Image: badrabbitsigcopy-2.jpg]
07-30-2010 09:26 PM
OttawaAnimeFan

O.P. RE: Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?

I know the new messenger allows for multiple logins on several computers.  However, I _hate_ the new messenger, I had to use a hack to change the build version just so I could continue using the old one.

I use MSN 8.5 cause I can remove all the adds and other junk, as well as have Avatar display pictures in the contact list (and they're not retardedly giant ones in the new MSN).

I really really don't want to have to change to the new MSN, cause there is nothing wrong with my old one.  Plus, this is a problem all caused by them integrating Messenger into their web page... which seriously is retarded and like any chat client, you should be able to enable or disable it.... But yeah, for the life of me I can't find any option in the live web page to simply turn messenger off :(

Hopefully there is some Active X thing you can disable, or a security setting you can enable which will block it from starting on the web page.  That or maybe some other work around, if they're too short sighted to give people the option of enable or disabling it.

Thanks
07-31-2010 12:17 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
Simple solution: stop using a web page to check your mail.

Use a local client such as WLMail or Thunderbird.
[Image: jumbled.png]
07-31-2010 12:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BadRabbit

RE: RE: Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Simple solution: stop using a web page to check your mail.

Use a local client such as WLMail or Thunderbird.

It's a solution but sometimes the webpage is just faster. :| WLMail takes forever to load with all that synchronizing and having to log in and then log in again just to synchronize and argh...I just want to check my mail.
[Image: badrabbitsigcopy-2.jpg]
07-31-2010 12:45 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Couldn't there be a way to code a greasemonkey script to remove the Web Messenger from Hotmail, thus saving the day?

Also I'm in Ottawa too, lets make babies :zippy:
07-31-2010 12:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
OttawaAnimeFan

O.P. RE: Help - How do you stop Live Mail from signing into Messenger?
Web mail is the best way to check it,  have never ever set up a stand alone client to check my MSN mail.  I just click on the mail box on the left and it loads up.  I have a 10Mbps connection, I have never had issues with the page loading slowly.

Besides, it does this on EVERY computer I'm on, I would like to check my mail on friends and public computers _without_ it starting up messenger at all.
07-31-2010 09:55 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
[Image: 1.JPG]
[Image: 2.JPG]
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5207 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes, 14 seconds ago
07-31-2010 01:49 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend