What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Music played in WLM that is heard 2way

Music played in WLM that is heard 2way
Author: Message:
BadRabbit

O.P. Music played in WLM that is heard 2way
Yes, as the title says I would love a script that allows me to build a playlist (or several playlists and access them according to a name I give them via commands) that can be heard by all people in that chat.

Here's how I would like to see it work:

~ Able to build several playlists and give each a title which can be accessed via a ! command, such as: !minitunez Epic and that would play the playlist titled Epic.

~The songs are heard by everyone in the chat window, whether it be multiple people or just two, who also have this installed.

~I am able to turn it on/off by a ! command: !minitunez Play or !minitunez Stop, and I or my friends in the chat can select songs to listen to or have it set to play all one after the other or randomly from a particular playlist.

~If I have tabbed chats and I am playing a song in Tab 1 and I click on Tab 2, the music in Tab 1 will mute for me as long as Tab 1 is no longer in the foreground. Once I click on Tab 1 again the music un-mutes.

~To be able to set if whether I want to be the only one to choose songs or if I want others to do so freely in my chat window by !minitunez Mod On or !minitunez Mod Off where Mod On means only I can choose the songs and Mod Off allows my friends to.

I don't know why this would be a problem since you can send sounds in wlm that both you and your friend can hear via /s commands. Why can't the same be done with music? It's not music sharing since no one is downloading music or file sharing, it's really no different then listening to a car radio/CD with you and your friends in the same car.

I don't know if the other options are possible but I'd very much like to be able to listen to music with friends in wlm at the very least. The other settings are optional if at all possible.

~Rabbit
[Image: badrabbitsigcopy-2.jpg]
07-31-2010 12:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jieff
Former Yuna Software

– / Male / Flag
RE: Music played in WLM that is heard 2way
This is a request we get a lot actually. Of course, technically it's not a problem.

But as soon as you transfer music from one computer to another, you are risking copyright infringement (one could argue that this could happen even with sounds).

We could always check with the lawyers :fire:

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,
Jieff
Team leader - Messenger Plus!
Kimahri Software
08-27-2010 12:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend