What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Unchanging Font?

Unchanging Font?
Author: Message:
Beeper

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Dodgy  Unchanging Font?
For some reason all day my font has been ridiculously small for everyone to read, while on my own client the font appears fine, but everyone else's font is larger.

Here's what I mean...
What they see

What I see

The other user was actually using a size 10 font the entire time, and mine was at 14. Despite what I see on my client, though, the font size that appears in my own History is the ridiculously small font that the other user is seeing.

I'm using the latest versions of Messenger and Messenger Plus, and the skin I'm currently using is this . I'm also using the font "Microsoft Uighur".

I've tried changing the skin I use (I changed it to one that wasn't having these issues, but still no change), I've tried changing the font itself, and the font size, and while the font change registered with the other users, the font size never did, it stayed the same on their end but changed on mine.

This is massively frustrating for all involved, obviously. Any thoughts?
08-15-2010 07:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: Unchanging Font?
If a contact sets their font to size 10, then their font, and everybody else's, will be size 10.  You see large text because your font, and all of your contacts' fonts, appear in size 14.
08-15-2010 08:33 AM
Beeper

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Unchanging Font?
But what are the odds that EVERYONE has their font set to something so small?

And if that were the case, if I were to change my font to something that was naturally larger, wouldn't it change that way for them? A 10 font in one isn't the same size as a 10 in another. And that still doesn't explain why it would be normal sized for me in my own window, but appear the exact same as in the other user's window in the History files.

My History files should contain MY sized font, not theirs, but that's not the case.
08-15-2010 09:13 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Unchanging Font?
quote:
Originally posted by Beeper
But what are the odds that EVERYONE has their font set to something so small?
The odds are really high, considering that 10 is the default font size :P. it's not that small btw.

quote:
Originally posted by Beeper
And that still doesn't explain why it would be normal sized for me in my own window, but appear the exact same as in the other user's window in the History files.
When you change the font size in a IM window, you're changing it for both your and your contact's nicks and messages, for your own view. If your contacts decide to set the font size as 10, they'll see every font at 10. If you set yours at 14, you'll see both yours and your contacts as 14.

The logs save the chats with a predefined font size. It doesnt matter if you're using a font size of 20 or 30, it will always be the same in the logs. For what you say, im guessing that the predefined font size of the logs is 10 as well.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
08-15-2010 09:50 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Beeper

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Unchanging Font?
So in the end it really is just the font type itself I would need to change?

JEEZ! I swear, sometimes IM clients can be so nit picky!

Well, thanks for the help. I guess it's back to the drawing board for fonts. Much obliged, and I wish both you all the best!
08-15-2010 10:03 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: