What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Games in the "Show media"

[request] Games in the "Show media"
Author: Message:
XAaronX

Gamer

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: [request] Games in the "Show media"
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Appmon+ does this
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/61-AppMon+/

Yes it does, but it doesn't set the Now Playing message properly since the formatting change in WLM9. In the case of my tweaked AppMon+, the problem can be easily fixed by distributing the information displayed, as if either the title or artist parameters are blank it'll look weird:

(8) - In Game - Half-Life 2

I solved this by splitting the input string by the hyphen and putting "In Game" in the title field and the game's title in the artist field:

(8) In Game - Half-Life 2

Of course, that wouldn't work if the title in AppMon+ was just Half-Life 2, so I just put "In Game - " in front of all the game entries. If you just wanted to use AppMon+ for monitoring games you could simply hard-code that in, but I might add in other applications to the list later on.

EDIT: There are also some other annoying habits that AppMon+ has. For example it keeps setting your display picture every once in a while, leading to a huge amount of the same picture in the DP list. I went around getting rid of all the references to setting/resetting the DP in the script, hopefully that'll fix it.
Do you have that scripted?
06-30-2011 01:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[request] Games in the "Show media" - by Nightmaker on 08-31-2010 at 10:16 AM
RE: [request] Games in the "Show media" - by matty on 08-31-2010 at 11:26 AM
RE: [request] Games in the "Show media" - by MeEtc on 08-31-2010 at 07:08 PM
RE: RE: [request] Games in the "Show media" - by ryxdp on 09-02-2010 at 11:39 AM
RE: RE: RE: [request] Games in the "Show media" - by XAaronX on 06-30-2011 at 01:51 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: