What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » eStores? (Domain registering solved)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
eStores? (Domain registering solved)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Domain registering..
Thanks for all the info in regards to the MX records and Google App connection. I'll look into it (I only need forwarding and/or aliassing anyways though, not realy mailboxes and mail storage)

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
If anyone knows anything about adding an eStore let me know
I'm interested too...

But more about how customers would pay for stuff.
I can create an eStore myself, but just the payment stuff is not doable to do it yourself (if you want creditcard, etc possebilities) without paying big money per year to the credit card companies/banks. So if there is a service out there which provides cheap ways of doing that, I'm interested...

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 01:51 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-14-2010 01:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
So if there is a service out there which provides cheap ways of doing that, I'm interested...
I know in PayPal you can create a payment button that allows both PayPal and Credit Card (via PayPal) payments.

[Image: paywith_23543.png]

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 02:14 AM by prashker.
09-14-2010 02:13 AM
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
I can create an eStore myself, but just the payment stuff is not doable to do it yourself (if you want creditcard, etc possebilities) without paying big money per year to the credit card companies/banks. So if there is a service out there which provides cheap ways of doing that, I'm interested...

Like Sam suggested, Paypal is an option but I suggest you look at Google Checkout too :)
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
09-14-2010 06:46 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:

Like Sam suggested, Paypal is an option but I suggest you look at Google Checkout too :)
Haven't look at the paypal option yet, but Google Checkout is not exactly what I need. Google Checkout does not provide direct credit card payments; you need to create an account, just like when you want to pay with paypal. Idealy I need a service where customers can pay by credit card, wire/bank transfer, etc, (and where the money goes to a bank account), without the need for the customers to create all kinds of (yet other) accounts.  Thanks though, I'll sure keep this in mind...

/me feels bad for hijacking thread though...maybe split is at hand

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 08:00 AM by CookieRevised.
09-14-2010 07:50 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Google Apps Standard (free), point the MX servers for email to Google and you can access gmail at mail.<your domain>.com for example (with CNAMES). All changeable in the cPanel for your domain.

[Image: apps_35392.png]

How did you manage your email with google using vexxhost?
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
09-14-2010 08:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Domain registering..
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:

Haven't look at the paypal option yet, but Google Checkout is not exactly what I need. Google Checkout does not provide direct credit card payments; you need to create an account, just like when you want to pay with paypal. Idealy I need a service where customers can pay by credit card, wire/bank transfer, etc, (and where the money goes to a bank account), without the need for the customers to create all kinds of (yet other) accounts.  Thanks though, I'll sure keep this in mind...

/me feels bad for hijacking thread though...maybe split is at hand

You're not hijacking the thread, don't worry, at this point we've the same questions.

From what I've read, you just upload the required files to get your shop running, Magento even has a single-file upload and then you give it permissions and it installs the rest. From that point on you've to choose which company will be the one processing the requests. There's several.

Like Sam said Paypal is an option. All of them charge commission, I think Paypal's was 2% + $7 per month or something along those lines. Amazon also has one and they have a package which will also list all your store's products on amazon.com. Then there's some other companies which I can't really recall atm, but it's pretty much the same concept (there's authorize.net, 2checkout.com, worldpay, bluepay, etc.)

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 09:24 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
09-14-2010 09:22 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
In regards to the credit card payment system, I just found this:
http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/creditcards.shtml
explains everything so far said and more.

edit:
Dug around in Paypal for merchants too... Seems to be more what I'm looking for. As SonicSam showed, it gives the customer the ability to pay by credit card without the need to register or login into an account (they still can though, and that on its turn gives the ability to pay via their PayPal account). Which is exactly what I'm looking for. Now to find the same thing but where they also can pay with wire/bank transfer :D

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 01:52 PM by CookieRevised.
09-14-2010 09:40 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
How did you manage your email with google using vexxhost?

Er? I went to cPanel on my domain, MX Configuration page for MX Records and Simple DNS whatever for the CNAMES.

Not quite sure what you mean :zippy:
09-14-2010 12:08 PM
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Domain registering..
quote:
In regards to the credit card payment system, I just found this:
http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/creditcards.shtml
explains everything so far said and more.

<3
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
09-14-2010 11:00 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
So if there is a service out there which provides cheap ways of doing that, I'm interested...
I know in PayPal you can create a payment button that allows both PayPal and Credit Card (via PayPal) payments.[Image: paywith_23543.png]
my computer store in sydney lets you pay via Paypal and other means. I've tried to suggest another place does it but they haven't done it :(

This post was edited on 09-15-2010 at 05:15 AM by Hank.
09-15-2010 05:15 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: