What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Essentials 2011 released

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
Windows Live Essentials 2011 released
Author: Message:
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Essentials 2011 released
Is it possible to disable content sharing? I was googling it last night, but couldn't find answers.
10-20-2010 04:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
Nevermind, I've just rolled back to 2009.
10-20-2010 11:07 PM
llamafish

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I have installed Windows Live Essentials today and I am finding it very awful! I've tried to several system restores, to no avail.

Is there any way I can get rid of this nasty version of WLM, and bring the version I was using before back? I seem to have no features or anything that I had on the previous (and now much wanted again!) version of WLM, can anyone advise what I should do?

Thanks.

:cry:
10-21-2010 08:21 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Essentials 2011 released
quote:
Originally posted by llamafish
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I have installed Windows Live Essentials today and I am finding it very awful! I've tried to several system restores, to no avail.

Is there any way I can get rid of this nasty version of WLM, and bring the version I was using before back? I seem to have no features or anything that I had on the previous (and now much wanted again!) version of WLM, can anyone advise what I should do?

Thanks.

why do people go for system restore when all they had to do was uninstall 2011 an reboot an install 2009?  do people not read forum threads anymore? 
10-21-2010 08:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:

Thanks.

yep, it has been covered before many times:

Simply uninstall WLM 2011, then reboot, then download and install WLM 2009 which you can find on the official Messenger website: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp

If you installed a program you don't want, you logically would try to uninstall it first ;)

---

Using System Restore might have done more damage than it would have solved anything! System Restore is NOT a software backup or uninstaller and should only be used in severe cases. Eg: system crash or important and severe system config screw up.

By trying System restore you might now have set important system settings back to a default or incorrect state and/or removed important updates etc. And in some cases you actually might have restored a previously removed virus.

As such I actually recommend you to first go to Microsoft Windows Update and update your Windows entirly. Also check all your system configurations.

This post was edited on 10-21-2010 at 08:41 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-21-2010 08:32 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
or use plain common sense and logic
it drives me nuts when its plain an simple to reinstall pidgin in Linux or any other program . all people have to do is use Google or whatever they prefer to search for a fix. i think some people are getting to lazy to search . i know i have done it for more than 1 forum for people
10-21-2010 08:43 AM
llamafish

Thank you CookieRevised.

I can see that ICQ's avatar is rather apt in light of what they have posted towards me, good way to make new members feel welcome, commendations on that one...

Incidentally, when I try and install 2009, it says 2011 is still there, yet I have just uninstalled everything and rebooted?

This post was edited on 10-21-2010 at 01:02 PM by llamafish.
10-21-2010 12:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Incidentally, when I try and install 2009, it says 2011 is still there, yet I have just uninstalled everything and rebooted?
This could well be because you used System Restore and something has screwed up now. Try to use ZapMessenger.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Frackounet
Or Wikikou Messenger Cleaner
I trust ZapMessenger more though

This post was edited on 10-21-2010 at 02:08 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-21-2010 01:43 PM
llamafish

The system restore failed to implement, and nothing was changed.
10-21-2010 01:48 PM
Frackounet

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Windows Live Essentials 2011 released
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
This could well be because you used System Restore and something has screwed up now. Try to use ZapMessenger.

Or Wikikou Messenger Cleaner
[Image: userbar.gif]
10-21-2010 02:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: