What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Taking away display names is HORRIBLE.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
Taking away display names is HORRIBLE.
Author: Message:
andyo

RE: Taking away display names is HORRIBLE.
I thought that too but there's no reason for him to put my real name there (he was the one mocking me cause he thought I did it, and also no one calls me by that name), and if he had done that before upgrading, my full name would have still shown in the previous version of messenger, no?

Anyway, sooner or later I'll get to test this with another PC I guess, and with anothes Live account so I'll see for myself what's up.

This post was edited on 11-07-2010 at 07:45 AM by andyo.
11-07-2010 07:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haishama

windows live messenger was better the way it was.. those people destroyed what was almost perfect
02-02-2011 10:37 PM
Butcher_ss

38 / Male / Flag
I noticed that in the last few days my name keeps changing without me doing anything. I am currently running Windows XP with 2009 and sometimes my name will change from my nickname to my actual name and the picture i have will get removed. The same has happened to my sister and her photo as well.

I have also seen this happening on some of my contacts, their nickname disappears along with their picture and then their profile name appears. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
02-24-2011 06:42 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Butcher_ss
I noticed that in the last few days my name keeps changing without me doing anything. I am currently running Windows XP with 2009 and sometimes my name will change from my nickname to my actual name and the picture i have will get removed. The same has happened to my sister and her photo as well.

I have also seen this happening on some of my contacts, their nickname disappears along with their picture and then their profile name appears. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

It's probably due to Windows Live Hotmail automatically signing in when you check your e-mail.  Look down the left hand side and you should be able to sign out of the Hotmail Messenger and then it will stay this way permanently and your display name should be unaffected if you change it back
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5207 days, 2 hours, 57 minutes, 10 seconds ago
02-25-2011 08:44 AM
Butcher_ss

38 / Male / Flag
Thanks for the help, i'll follow your instructions, maybe this will fix things.
03-03-2011 09:03 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: