What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Wish list for MSN Plus version 5

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Wish list for MSN Plus version 5
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Wish list for MSN Plus version 5
quote:
Originally posted by skyli
Hi! I also have some wishes:
- subgroups in contact list
- option to hide categories

- google talk just like facebook chat is now in
- remove text: this category has no avaible friends

Thanks!
I like ;) (Y)
GTalk one, isn't really possible, but can be kinda done with a Script.
Removing text requires a patch (like apatch). Messenger Plus! doesn't really modify Messenger like this. (As far as I know). You an suggest this to the devs over at apatch though ;)
10-06-2010 09:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kyriakin

An option to remove inactive people from allow/blocked lists
10-08-2010 03:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Gabarieko

30 / Male / Flag
Mood feature
Mood feature

The idea is that while you chat, you should also be able to show your current mood. This can be done by adding a semi-transparent emoticon behind the messages. Along with the emoticon the message background should also slightly colorize.

Screenshot 1
[Image: msnps_first.jpg?psid=1]
Screenshot 2
[Image: msnps_second.jpg?psid=1]

In ss2 you will notice that there are two mood backgrounds in the same chat window. This is because in my oppinion it shouldn't be window-bound but message-bound, meaning the mood you set is for the message and not for the chat session. Successive messages inherit the previous mood until a new mood is set ((OPTIONAL)or after a set amount of messages after which the mood "fades out").

And one more thing. In future, it will be nice for moods to be available for customization, meaning any custom emoticon can be turned onto "mood". People will only need to supply the emoticon in a good quality if they want it to be bigger (cause emoticon-size won't be a pleasant one) and then choose the background color for the mood.

I say "In future" because I realize the customization is not an easy thing to accomplish. You'll need to make the mood easily exportable and thus the moment one receives a new(unknown) mood, it is immediately imported. And though it can't be that hard to make a package of [Image, background_color] I doubt it's as easy as that.

I also realize this can probably be done with scripts but if it is just a custom script, this won't bring the feature to all people. In other words, you'll often find yourself in a position where the feature will be unavailable because the person you're chatting to doesn't have the script. I simply suggest you should include it by default so it can be a standard feature.
10-24-2010 11:35 AM
nero666

one a nick name can make wlm 2011
10-24-2010 08:40 PM
yuping

43 / Male / Flag
I'd like to add wish that MsgPlus! style(left pan and setable L/M/S size) tab chatting.
10-25-2010 12:56 AM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Mood feature
quote:
Originally posted by Gabarieko
Mood feature

The idea is that while you chat, you should also be able to show your current mood. This can be done by adding a semi-transparent emoticon behind the messages. Along with the emoticon the message background should also slightly colorize.

In ss2 you will notice that there are two mood backgrounds in the same chat window. This is because in my oppinion it shouldn't be window-bound but message-bound, meaning the mood you set is for the message and not for the chat session. Successive messages inherit the previous mood until a new mood is set ((OPTIONAL)or after a set amount of messages after which the mood "fades out").

And one more thing. In future, it will be nice for moods to be available for customization, meaning any custom emoticon can be turned onto "mood". People will only need to supply the emoticon in a good quality if they want it to be bigger (cause emoticon-size won't be a pleasant one) and then choose the background color for the mood.

I say "In future" because I realize the customization is not an easy thing to accomplish. You'll need to make the mood easily exportable and thus the moment one receives a new(unknown) mood, it is immediately imported. And though it can't be that hard to make a package of [Image, background_color] I doubt it's as easy as that.

I also realize this can probably be done with scripts but if it is just a custom script, this won't bring the feature to all people. In other words, you'll often find yourself in a position where the feature will be unavailable because the person you're chatting to doesn't have the script. I simply suggest you should include it by default so it can be a standard feature.
Im not even going to go into details but

No. Just no.
10-26-2010 02:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Mood feature

I like that idea very much (y)...
feasable, original, simple, nice idea for implementation, not-intrusive, and young people will probably like it...

Though, it is more something for Windows Live Messenger itself than for Messenger Plus! I think.

quote:
Something like this isn't possible with a script though - at least not in the way you described the implementation. But even for Messenger Plus! itself it might not be possible. Plus! can only do/alter so much in Windows Live Messenger.

This post was edited on 10-26-2010 at 10:23 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2010 05:10 PM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
I wouldnt like to see that implemented on Messenger, it would be ugly for me to see that annoyance on my conversations :P

You already have dynamic images, if you really want to show your mood just record a little bit and use it, its funnier and less intrusive than that ugly degraded big smiley :P

Not to mention that it makes you focus on that and not paying attention on whats being said :P
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
10-26-2010 08:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Dynamic pictures propagate to your entire contact list, or at least to the entire conversation. The function described by Gabarieko is completely different than that though. And obviously his sshots are just very rudementary low quality concepts. It can be made looking quite better and far less in-your-face than in his quick sshot editing. Obviously the stuff shouldn't use blowup/degraded small emoticon graphics...

I would personaly find something like this far less intrusive/destracting than a wink btw...

It might also be a good thing that people actually take a bit more notice of the 'context' something is said in. We do that constantly in real life, it is natural, but this is a very big missing part in the online word which quite often leads to misinterpretations, etc... And as with all things, it should of course be optional (or not done at all) :P

This post was edited on 10-26-2010 at 10:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2010 10:30 PM
blackjack

=/

36 / Male / Flag
Well, looking it that way :P but im not too optimistic i rather see display names back that this implemented.

I share your opinion winks its the most useless shit implemented by the messenger team, lol. (i know you didnt say that)
Nudges are handy sometimes, but winks are just pointless :P
[Image: z3n0900.ashx]
10-26-2010 10:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: