What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5

Pages: (14): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
1 votes - 1 average   Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
Author: Message:
TwistedAlice

RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
Will there be an option to be able to use a nick name on MSN rather than your real name?  I like to use a nickname on MSN while I'm chatting to friends and random people that pop up, but I use my hotmail for job hunting.

If i change my name on MSN to a nickname, it changes my name on hotmail, which is just terrible.  I don't want everything linked together like this :( I might have to give up on msn if this is going to be the norm.

Is there a way to uninstall this all and revert back to an older version of MSN untill there is a full list of add on's for Plus! Live?
10-27-2010 12:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
No, as has been stated elsewhere there's no way to have a nickname instead of your real name.  Even if you downgrade to an older version to use a nickname, your contacts will still see your real name, as most of them will have WLM 2011 already.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes, 15 seconds ago
10-27-2010 12:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TwistedAlice

UGH! That really really sucks.  Some people like their privacy! I don't want to have to make a new hotmail just so that I can chat to random people and not have them knowing my real name.  I like being anon.

I'm going to go back to 2009 anyway, 2011 is really rubbish.
10-27-2010 12:34 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TwistedAlice
UGH! That really really sucks.  Some people like their privacy! I don't want to have to make a new hotmail just so that I can chat to random people and not have them knowing my real name.  I like being anon.

I'm going to go back to 2009 anyway, 2011 is really rubbish.
I very strongly encourage you to tell this to MS directly via their Windows Live Solution Center, or via the Feeback form which you'll find in the Help menu in Messenger.

PS: Taking away display names is HORRIBLE.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-27-2010 03:56 PM
TwistedAlice

Thanks Cookie.  I'm going to do that right now.  Display names was one of the great reasons of MSN.  I use multi accounts for RolePlaying with friends and use various names on them as well as changing names at various times.

I also don't want random people that I've added from chat rooms at various points in time knowing my real name. 
10-27-2010 07:14 PM
Spongshga

reporter

33 / – / Flag
NEW IDEAS FOR MESSENGER PLUS! LIVE 5: 30.10.10
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=95...1002004#pid1002004
[Image: 6hxggzng.gif]
[Image: 4lr87q.jpg]
10-30-2010 04:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bird

47 / Female / Flag
HOW TO KNOW WHO S IN LINE
10-31-2010 06:06 PM
MoTT

32 / Male / Flag
I was wondering if MSG Plus! 5 will include an update so that you can customize your name with emoticons and whatnot on Windows Live Messenger 2011? I was quite disappointed finding out that you actually had to log into your hotmail profile to change anything to do with your name and even when you do that you must put a first and last name, without being able to add any emoticons. Keep up the good work your guys.
11-01-2010 07:41 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MoTT
was wondering if MSG Plus! 5 will include an update so that you can customize your name with emoticons and whatnot on Windows Live Messenger 2011?
No it will not since that is not possible. The display name issue depends mostly on how the Windows Live services (which include Messenger, but consist of way more things than just Messenger) and the protocols are designed now. No addon can change that, only MS can.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-01-2010 08:00 PM
benzo93

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
quote:
Originally posted by Q8Bond007
quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
almost no features work apparently
Nice work... I mean, who prefers partial skins workin than chat logging or custom sounds... the feature of color nicknames was perfectly understandable since that is something that the WLM team changed... but no text formatting, no plus! menu, nothing works on the conversation window...

Everyone has been trolled hard by Yuna Software.

Exactly, almost NOTHING works. I don't see the point of releasing this... I'm seeing no difference between using it before(without MP!L) and now after installing MP!L.

The reason to why they released this version was to be able to tell people when Messenger Plus! 5 comes out with full functionality... Microsoft released WLM 2011 earlier than the Messenger Plus! team expected, so they had to rush to make a version of their software to help people before they release Messenger Plus 5 which was due in December. They wanted to focus on Messenger Plus! 5 more than a version which would be worthless. So they released this one to update people with the release of Messenger Plus! 5.
11-02-2010 06:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (14): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: