What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5

Pages: (14): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 » Last »
1 votes - 1 average   Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
Author: Message:
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live paves the way towards the release of Plus! 5
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
If they had a feature list, and everyone on the net knew what was coming, much more people would wait
No, they would be "OMG,OMG, I want feature X right now!!!! hurry up and release it!!!1111!!111one!!!"

The point of not releasing feature lists too early and not giving exact release dates is exactly to not have lot's of people impatiently waiting for it and mass refreshing the site on release day. Patchou did that before, it resulted in the server crashing minutes before release.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-23-2010 08:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
it resulted in the server crashing minutes before release.
With all the money Yuna Software is making on tool-bars they can buy better servers.
12-23-2010 08:15 PM
wta121

34 / Male / Flag
I'm sorry, Chrissy, but are you thick? Yuna Software's primary goal, whether they'll admit it or not, is to make a horde of cash. They may wish for Messenger Plus! Live to be a good piece of software with a large community, but that will never be their primary interest.

The reason Yuna bundles toolbars (no hyphen) is so that they can make that money without alienating a community that lives in the time of freeware. They'll buy servers when they have enough money from advertising and toolbars to make themselves rich while being able to afford to spend.

Of course, there is no problem with this. It's plain, simple, capitalism. I also agree with Menthix in that I'd rather speculate wildly with no solid information than be stampeded by a hundred excessively excitable teenagers who haven't figured out why Google is trying to kill the Caps Lock key.
12-23-2010 09:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:

The point of not releasing feature lists too early and not giving exact release dates is exactly to not have lot's of people impatiently waiting for it and mass refreshing the site on release day. Patchou did that before, it resulted in the server crashing minutes before release.
doesnt stop Opensource Linux Distributions from releasing there Feature list early.  just means some features may not make it into the release if there not ready. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/FeatureList More to go in there yet.
12-23-2010 09:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Alias
doesnt stop Opensource Linux Distributions from releasing there Feature list early.
Plus! is not an open source project. The nature of open source projects more or less forces them to release such lists early since essentially everyone can commit code to it so people have a need to know roadmaps.

And I'm sure there are closed source projects publishing roadmaps and giving early peaks too. Again, those are not Plus. I just don't understand why this is suddenly an issue. If a feature list or some kind of sneak peak does get released before the actual software release, fine. But what is the point in demanding this and calling people idiots if they don't. Have some patience and some decency.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-23-2010 10:31 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Plus! is not an open source project. The nature of open source projects more or less forces them to release such lists early since essentially everyone can commit code to it so people have a need to know roadmaps.
you miss the point Menthix.  whether its opensource or not they can release the feature list early . it doesnt force them at all. the only people that need to know are the actual Developers , they release the feature list so the general users can test the features to see if there ready for that Release or not.
quote:
And I'm sure there are closed source projects publishing roadmaps and giving early peaks too. Again, those are not Plus. I just don't understand why this is suddenly an issue. If a feature list or some kind of sneak peak does get released before the actual software release, fine. But what is the point in demanding this and calling people idiots if they don't. Have some patience and some decency.
as  i said above, it would probably help Yuna if the public knew before hand so there users could test these features after or prior to release.  ( face it, we all know stuff gets leaked )
12-23-2010 11:04 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
I know I'm not exactly loved here
i love you Chrissy
12-25-2010 03:27 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
lol, just lol...

yeah, lets release a feature list for the sole reason that common people can start to test out the upcomming features of a NOT YET released product...

...some people and their logic :rolleyes:  [major facepalm]

quote:
What kind of idiots are they?
far less idiotic than you so it seems
quote:
I know I'm correct.
yep, absolutely.

------

And for the record, it might still be possible they will release a partial feature list before the actual release. Plus!5 isn't yet released, and it isn't going to be released tomorrow you know, so just wait and see what will happen. But the fact is they don't do it for now, maybe later, who knows. But bitching about it like little children wont help anyone. Nor is comparing Plus! with any other software. In fact, for each product you come up with where they release a feature list before the release I can probably sum up 10 other products where they don't. Oh, and another fact, if you take your heads out of your asses and read around a bit with some common sense, you already know like more than 50% of the features. Plus!5 is not going to have just only new things and dishing every existing feature, it will probably contain most if not all of the stuff Plus!4 had. So there, you have your feature list. That's plain logic. But why bother anyways, no matter what they will do or say you'll always find something to bitch about as that is very clearly all you two can, all you want and thus all you do lately. No, it is not healthy critizing or asking questions what you do, it is plain simply bitching and trolling just because you can. It's getting really old, pathetic and your credibility sinks lower and lower with each attempt to the point that no-one will take your serious anymore, even if you had a valid point for a rare change.

This post was edited on 12-25-2010 at 04:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-25-2010 03:38 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Update about Plus! 5 status will indeed be next week, between Christmas and New Year's.  In the meantime, happy holiday to everyone who is celebrating the holiday this weekend!
Nathalie

This post was edited on 12-25-2010 at 03:57 AM by Hank.
12-25-2010 03:56 AM
YottabyteWizard

36 / Male / Flag
Epic post by Nathalie. And oh man, I just love Cookie's replies :P
12-25-2010 04:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (14): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version