What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger »

Author: Message:
10-1008

O.P.
Only recently I discovered that my contacts on MSN were automatically ‘transfered’ to friends in Windows Live.
- The ones that have the newer versions of MSN or MSN plus were added to my friends list in Windows Live (‘you’re friends with [name] in messenger’).
- The ones that have older versions have this message: “you invited [name] as a friend in messenger’
Btw,  just the other day I found out that I could change my privacy settings so that this friends list is only visible to me.

I noticed one of my contacts recently became a ‘friend’ (guess he upgraded his version).

This week I see on Windows Live we’re no longer friends. On his profile it says: “you invited [name] as a friend in messenger’. So no invitation (like: 'you invited....'), just like he is a new contact that’s not in my list.

What does that mean? Anyone knows? I haven’t seen him online btw, so I can’t ask.
I tried with a friend of mine and I saw that if you delete a ‘friend’ on WL, you delete him as a contact in messenger as well. The message I saw on her profile then said: ‘you’re not friends with [name] in messenger. Add as a friend’.

So I guess my 'he'-contact didn’t delete me -  but why do I keep reading the invitation message?
Did he go back to the old version of messenger? Of is this because I was the one who invited him back then? I cannot re-invite him?

Long story; hope I made myself clear.
10-14-2010 06:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
10-1008

O.P.
No thoughts on this?
10-20-2010 04:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend