What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Invalid skins?

Invalid skins?
Author: Message:
Sinapi

O.P. Huh?  Invalid skins?
I'm having a problem applying skins to my Messenger Plus. When I download the skin and try to open the file, I get the error message "The file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger Plus! skin pack".
I've tried multiple times with several different skins and get the same error each time.
Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how can I fix it?

Related information: I installed Windows 7 last night and have since downloaded version 14.0 of Windows Live Messenger (the version before the current version) and the most recent version of Messenger Plus!.

If anybody could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm fairly sensitive to cosmetic changes made to my system, and I miss my old MSN look.
11-12-2010 06:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Radeo

RE: Invalid skins?
Which version did you update of Windows Seven? Home Basic's with several annoying errors. I had a problem when I did the download of the new version of Messenger Plus two times. In third it did correct.

Did you clear your cache? :^)

This post was edited on 12-19-2010 at 06:34 PM by Radeo.
12-19-2010 06:34 PM
Sinapi

O.P. RE: Invalid skins?
I'm not sure what I did to it, but it's working normally now.
I've been settling for the new MSN for a few months now, and tried reinstalling 14.0 and Messenger Plus again, successfully. My skin is working now, as well.
Thanks for responding anyway. :D
01-09-2011 07:55 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Invalid skins?
quote:
Originally posted by Sinapi
I'm not sure what I did to it, but it's working normally now.
I've been settling for the new MSN for a few months now, and tried reinstalling 14.0 and Messenger Plus again, successfully. My skin is working now, as well.
Thanks for responding anyway. :D
Messenger Plus5 should be released at the end of this month, so expect themes to work with 2011 also
01-09-2011 07:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: