What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » New Sponsor: Norton

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
New Sponsor: Norton
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: New Sponsor: Norton
Concerning the A/V vs experienced users:

I had a programmer come to me and be pissed that our barracuda firewall would block .exe files automatically. His point was that he was an experience software programmer, and that he needed to communicate to his co-workers some .exes files, as they were his tools for working. Now it isn't even my place in the company to take such decision as which files to block, but my answer was as follows :

''Have you ever done any kind of mistake in your life? Going from picking the wrong type of milk to slipping your finger on the mouse click, deleting the wrong file, mis-reading a text? If yes, then you understand why we can't allow anyone to risk the company getting infected as small as the risks may be.''

Yes, running without an A/V might not get you any viruses, running with an A/V may actually get you some (these are not magic gates either!!) but at the end of the day, a nice complete form of security will HELP prevent the risk of infection. No matter if these infections come from a simple mistake, an unexperienced user, a sister using your PC, or a late night slip up on the mousepad. Use both a trusted software and your brains, that should get you through. :)

This post was edited on 11-30-2010 at 02:06 AM by albert.
11-30-2010 02:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: