What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » messager plus des not show

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
messager plus des not show
Author: Message:
cherilynn6

O.P. messager plus des not show
I used messager plus 4.8 with windows live messager 9 for two years, and messager plus 4.8 worked just fine. Since last Friday, my windows live messager 9 became windows live essentials and messager plus 4.8 does not function, the messager plus icon disappeared. I unloaded windows live messager and messager plus 4.8, delete program files: live messager, msn messager and messager plus file, restarted, then download lastest version of wlsetup-web.exe and messager plus 4.9 from your website, installed them, but messager plus 4.9 didn't function. I tried this procedure many times but still messager plus didn't work. I checked my computer, there are no program installed in my computer as follows:

■SweetIM

■Smiley Central

■GDI++

■MSNShell

■Kiwee

■Messenger Discovery (versions 1.5.800 and 1.5.805)

■ThreatFire

■PC Tools Spyware Doctor

■Bandoo

■HiYo

■Kingsoft Internet Security

■AirFoil

■MapleStory (MMORPG)

■BabylonIM

And i went through the "solutions" and didn't find the right answer.

Can you help me solve the problem?

no windows live one care installed in my computer as well
11-23-2010 10:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: messager plus des not show
Messenger Plus! Live isn't fully compatible with Windows Live Messenger 2011 yet.

Please see the following thread for further details:

Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5208 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes, 18 seconds ago
11-23-2010 11:21 AM
cherilynn6

O.P. RE: messager plus des not show
thanks for your reply.

Actually I only need messager plus to record chatting log for me. I understand that messager plus 4.9 and Windows Live messager 2011 cannot record chat log.

Would you please suggest me versions of windows live messager and messager plus for installing in windows XP?

Thanks
11-23-2010 01:48 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Windows Live Messenger 2011 isn't available for Windows XP.

You should use Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Messenger Plus! Live 4.9.

If it still isn't showing up, then there must be a program on your computer which is incompatible with it.

Also, please note that it is Messenger, not messager

This post was edited on 11-23-2010 at 02:40 PM by djdannyp.
11-23-2010 02:39 PM
cherilynn6

I checked that there are no SweetIM, Smiley Central, GDI++, MSNShell, Kiwee, Messenger Discovery (versions 1.5.800 and 1.5.805), ThreatFire, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, Bandoo, HiYo, Kingsoft Internet Security, AirFoil, MapleStory (MMORPG), BabylonIM, windows live one care installed in my computer.

Messager plus worked just fine until my windows live messager 2009 upgraded to window live essentials last Friday. So it should not be incompatible program caused this problem. What I am thinking right now is maybe there are some documents or files of windows live essentials are still in my computer, maybe the problem is caused by this reason. But I already deleted the windows live files from program files and reinstalled windows live messager 2009 and messager plus 4.9, but messager plus icon is still not showing and not working at all.

Please help me~~~

11-24-2010 02:22 AM
cherilynn6

I reintalled windows live messenger 9 and messenger plus 4.9, but messenger plus still doesn't work. and I don't have incompatible programs in the computer. Please advice! Thanks.
11-24-2010 12:15 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
So you had WLM 2009, upgraded to WLM 2011, then downgraded back to WLM 2009 and now Plus! is suddenly not working...? :S

quote:
Originally posted by cherilynn6
But I already deleted the windows live files from program files
You shouldn't just remove program files between installs. It's not necessary, unless you're following some sort of guide.

The Messenger Plus! Live files are also located in that folder, so you probably deleted them too.

I'd suggest exiting WLM, then going to Control Panel > Programs > Messenger Plus! Live and click Repair Messenger.

Finally, remove Messenger Plus! Live, then downloaded & reinstall it.

This post was edited on 11-24-2010 at 10:56 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-24-2010 10:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
cherilynn6

yes, I had WLM 2009 and plus 4.8, they worked well, when I  upgraded to WLM 2011, plus 4.8 still working, then I downgraded back to WLM 2009 and now Plus! is  not working as well. So I think it's not because some incompatible programs, but because of the upgrading of WLM2011. But when I uninstalled WLM 2011, and installed WLM 2009 and plus 4.9, plus 4.9 still not working, I am so confused about that!

So now you suggest me to do the following things:
1.exiting WLM, but not uninstall it.
2.going to Control Panel > Programs > Messenger Plus! Live and click Repair Messenger.
3. remove messenger plus!Live, then download and reinstall Messenger Plus. should I delete messenger plus files and windows live files from program files?
4. Usually, when I uninstall WLM and reinstall WLM, the old record, such as username and password will still leave on WLM that newly installed. Does this mean that some old file of WLM is still in my computer, so that even after I reinstall, it will still influence on The Messenger plus!live and make it not working?

11-25-2010 02:02 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
It's more likely that there is a program you have installed that is preventing Messenger Plus! Live from loading.

Can you please show a screenshot of your Windows Live Messenger contact list window and of your Add/Remove Programs?

Thanks
11-25-2010 10:26 AM
cherilynn6

Hi, I screenshot add/remove program and WLM contact list, but the documents are too large to be uploaded. If I resize the documents, the letters are not unclear. Can I send you email with those documents attached?

Please help me check and advice! You help is very much appreciated.

ps: I am sorry that I have to remove some informtion of my contact names from the screenshot document in case my friends oppose to that. Hope you can understand.
11-27-2010 05:21 AM
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: