What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Big Problem with windows live messenger 2001 and 2009

Big Problem with windows live messenger 2001 and 2009
Author: Message:
liamjamesroe

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Big Problem with windows live messenger 2001 and 2009
Hi guys i was running windows live messenger 2009 the one were you can normal cam with people, it was running fine ppl adding me and me adding them i decided to download and install the 2011 version instead as i thought it would be better but i was wrong.

When i installed it the logos and writing were all grainy and looked poor and not very good when i sidnged in everything displayed looked like i was in safe mode on my laptop which makes no sense since i have windows 7 on my laptop, so i downgraded back to 2009.

But now it seems people can't add me it takes ages for my contacts to receive messages from me and takes them ages to reply and people adding me im not getting notifications from them which doesn't make sense can anyone shed any light on both these problems please.
12-15-2010 11:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Big Problem with windows live messenger 2001 and 2009
Not sure why WLM2011 would be doing that. Do you have any Messenger add-ons which could be causing it?

Try removing WLM, restart your computer, then download and install it again.

If that doesn't work, have a look at System Restore (search for it on the Start menu) and restore it back to when it was working.

Last resort, you could try a clean installation.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-17-2010 10:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ugosan

Microsoft MVP for WLM, webmaster

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Big Problem with windows live messenger 2001 and 2009
quote:
Originally posted by liamjamesroe
When i installed it the logos and writing were all grainy and looked poor and not very good when i sidnged in everything displayed looked like i was in safe mode on my laptop which makes no sense since i have windows 7 on my laptop [...]

It seems there was a problem with your graphic card: you could disable all WLM 2011 animations to avoid this incompatibility through the registry, following this procedure.

quote:
Originally posted by liamjamesroe

[...] so i downgraded back to 2009.
But now it seems people can't add me it takes ages for my contacts to receive messages from me and takes them ages to reply and people adding me im not getting notifications from them which doesn't make sense can anyone shed any light on both these problems please.

If you want keep WLM 2009, you can try deleting your contacts cache by following this procedure.

:)

This post was edited on 12-18-2010 at 12:04 PM by Ugosan.
12-18-2010 12:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: