What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MsN 2011 Width Restrictions

MsN 2011 Width Restrictions
Author: Message:
JohnSmith

O.P. MsN 2011 Width Restrictions
At home, i have a tri-screen set up. and with msn 2009 it would sit on the far left screen taking up about 1/5 of the total space leaving lots for IE9 or my respective media player. Allowing me at any time to see whos online and chat while doing other things.

But with the new msn, its f***ing huge. Even with the "compact" mode, it still takes up 1/4. I tryed to make it smaller, but there seams to be a min width restriction as i cant make it any smaller then "WIndows Live messager", in contrast Msn 2009 would stop at "Windows", so u can see the new msn is almost twice the size.

Is there any way Messenger Plus could remove this restriction so, we :P could have it any size we wanted too width/length.

As i think the people at Microsoft, might of forgotten the joy of this is too sit in the background, take up little space and be useful when we need it. Not have tones of ads, take up tones of space and have soo many features it scares little kids :D

John....
:)
12-25-2010 02:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: MsN 2011 Width Restrictions
have you tried " Amsn " to see if its any better.  i barely use WLM nowadays, simpler to use Trillian

This post was edited on 12-25-2010 at 03:22 AM by Hank.
12-25-2010 03:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Alias
have you tried " Amsn " to see if its any better.  i barely use WLM nowadays, simpler to use Trillian
This user is on a Messenger forum for Windows Live Messenger. When people come for support you cannot just say use another Messenger!! :S
12-25-2010 05:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Everyone's perception of "f***ing huge" is different I guess. Although, yes the minimum width in 2011 is more than twice as big as the one in 2009.

[Image: minimum-width-contactlist-wlm2011-vs-wlm2009.png]

Windows overlap though, you could just have your IE/media window overlap on the right half of Messenger's window and have practically the same result as you have before.

As far as Messenger Plus! having any feature for this: not for changing the minimum width. However, if you are into compact things you might want to check desktop contact. In the Plus! settings go to Appearance > Desktop Contacts. This is a per contact thing though, not really intended as your entire contactslist. There have been a few scripts which mimic your contactslist in a minimalistic way, but no native Plus! features.

I though A-Patch used to have an option to remove minimum width restrictions (or maybe MessPatch?), but currently not for WLM 2011.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2011 01:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
JohnSmith

O.P. RE: MsN 2011 Width Restrictions
So there is no way using MSN pluses "script" or "skin" ability, i could make the msn smaller ??
02-17-2011 01:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by JohnSmith
So there is no way using MSN pluses "script" or "skin" ability, i could make the msn smaller ??
No there isn't. You can use desktop contacts instead, as suggested by MenthiX - this would work around your problem.

[Image: Pic_Features_ContactsDesktop.jpg]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-17-2011 02:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: