What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! 5 information

Pages: (44): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
5 votes - 2.4 average   Messenger Plus! 5 information
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
...but I'm sure that soon we gonna get forced to use the new version as they always do each time they release a new msn. :s
No they wont.

This is different than other versions in that both branches are aimed at different OSs and are not downwards compatible:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
....because Windows xp users have to use 2009 anyway :P
Hence there wont be a mandatory update....

Unless there is a severe security issue discovered in WLM 2009, but even that wont make it mandatory to update to WLM 2011 for Vista/7 users. If something like this is discovered, a new WLM 2009 will be released, which can be installed by Vista/7 users if they whish.

This post was edited on 01-04-2011 at 08:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-04-2011 07:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dbgarza

Pet the Kitty ^_^

46 / Male / Flag
Good point there, and actually there is a security issue, why do you think that on Windows Live Messenger they disabled the clickeable links? For what I did read, it was because of a worm alert or something like that.

Oddly enough, in Windows Live Messenger 2011 the clickeable links aren't disabled, it is only on Windows Live Messenger 2009.
01-05-2011 09:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dbgarza
Oddly enough, in Windows Live Messenger 2011 the clickeable links aren't disabled
Because Messenger 2011 feeds all the links through Microsoft's SmartScreen service which enables them to block malicious URLs fairly effectively.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-05-2011 10:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Honest Heart

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie

General release anticipated at the end of January, 2011

Messenger Plus! has released the private beta version of Plus! 5 to the testers, the fifth major version of the popular Messenger Plus! software.  The beta version of this software and new website is currently in the testing and translation process.  The general release of Plus! 5 is targeted for the end of January, 2011.

which day of January u mean 30 ? or what ?

anybody can answer ?
01-06-2011 10:55 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Honest Heart
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie

The general release of Plus! 5 is targeted for the end of January, 2011.

which day of January u mean 30 ? or what ?

anybody can answer ?
As highlighted, it isn't even sure there will be a release in the end of January, we don't know what day it will be released.
[Image: Empty.png]
01-06-2011 11:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
duck!

– / Male / Flag
The design of the homepage looks a bit dodgy. Reminds me of adware/spyware sites..
The messenger plus logo doesn't look fun anymore. It looks a bit..meh. Needs more colour.
but..as long as MP5 has skinning and everything works, I'll be a happy duck :cheesy:
QUACK QUACK QUACK

01-11-2011 01:34 AM
daoping

I can't wait for this to be released :(
01-11-2011 03:54 PM
Zoidy

39 / Male / Flag

Hmm so much negativity....

Plus! 5 is looking promising, it looks ok but until I actually get to use it or have hands on with it and play around with all the option etc then I cant really say if I like it or hate it as just having small screenshots doesn't really work for me as I cant really judge on them alone. Same for the site it looks okay but prefer the one we have now, however I do think its time for a chance and the site is going to evolve. I like the old logo the new one is meh. in saying that its still only early days and it may very well get changed into something more awesome that words can describe lol. Hmmm as for the tree view thingy, I'm not sure if I'm all for that but at the same time I am. would be cool if you could choose a different view style kind of like in windows or something just as a example. Honestly the tree view looks better if you have so many option etc but looks a tad too small. There is but a fine line between making it too small and too big. At this point I cant really say if I like it or hate it, either the site or the Plus! 5. All I really care about is that this does not go and end up like messenger Discovery where without much of a warning it now no longer free. the free version is unusable with nag screens every 5 to 30 seconds. Anyway enough about that and more about Plus! 5, we will just have to wait until they are ready to release it and honestly I don't care if they don't release it until after the end of January as I would rather they take the time to make it perfect than to rush the release and only to have a buggy, glitchy Plus! that causes more headaches than its worth. Just look at many of the new games that get released this year, most of them are not completely finished and are so buggy it takes them like a year or longer to actually fix all the problems that their loyal fans, gamers, customers or what ever you want to call us/ them.

Anyway guy keep up the good work. as I sad at the start Plus! 5 is looking very promising!!!
01-11-2011 09:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
x4x

– / Male / Flag
Why did not The release of Plus! 5 ??
01-15-2011 05:52 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by x4x
Why did not The release of Plus! 5 ??
As highlighted, it's currently in the process of being built and tested. These things don't just magically come out of no where, my friend.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-15-2011 05:56 AM
Pages: (44): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: