What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! 5 information

Pages: (44): « First « 37 38 39 40 [ 41 ] 42 43 44 » Last »
5 votes - 2.4 average   Messenger Plus! 5 information
Author: Message:
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
will my nickname ALIAS be carried over to the new forum?

if not why not? i have searched myh previous nickname on the members area on msgplus5.com an it only shows ICQ which i dont wanna use

This post was edited on 02-04-2011 at 07:46 AM by Hank.
02-04-2011 07:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
Will pigs fly in Plus! v5? :(

@delirium18 As far as I can tell so far, it's supposedly a test site you're not really supposed to see yet. The new version should be out in a few days and then you can find real download links on any of the official Messenger Plus! sites.

@CheekyGirl Did you disable safe mode?

@Alias You might need to use an Alias. [/cheapshot]
02-04-2011 07:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Alias

if not why not? i have searched myh previous nickname on the members area on msgplus5.com an it only shows ICQ which i dont wanna use
it looks like (for testing purposes) they copied an old back up of the forum data to the test website/forums.
i have full confidence that the data on the official release will be fully up to date.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
02-04-2011 08:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:
quote:
Now people will start asking about where to get the beta :P
you could find someone that could hack the beta forum for yyou to get it :p
Assuming it's uploaded on it or linked to. In which case one might try to query and download every file on the servers... perhaps we shouldn't discuss this here. (6)
lol, good luck with that 'hacking', considering there is no special new 'beta forum' or something to get it...
Beta testers communicate in the same wat they always have, using the testers section on this forum. And no, the beta itself has never been posted or linked to in there.

quote:
Originally posted by codeone
We all like Messenger Plus!, but we don't like to wait for an announced date to find nothing.
wait for 2 months then become disappointed.

There has NEVER been an announced date!

How many times does this needs to be said? The given ETA's where just that ETA's, they are not fixed release dates, they are estimations and time frames... nothing more.

The last one ("end of january") stil applies, although it is now mor like "beginning of februari" if you will. The thing is that "end of januari" does not mean it will be released before or on Feb 1st at midnight. "end of januari" is a timeframe which could mean anywhere between half januari up to half februari.

But the suggestion of using quarters of years is a good one though. Nevertheless, even with that, people will still complain and demand a fixed release date. Especially when there are (always to be) expected delays. It's just the nature of things.

quote:
Originally posted by delirium18
This is what it wants to be a scam ? (N)
The new site is not officially released yet. What you refer to is a test site. It is not meant as the main site at this point.
The main site is still www.msgpluslive.net

(which was also explained before)

quote:
Originally posted by CheekyGirl
I've installed msn plus 4.9 and it doesn't even work^o) What's up with that?? It just tells me under the Plus tab that the software isn't loaded.. And this is with msn 2011. Can anyone help me here please??
Please read Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't

quote:
Yes it will, again as explained to delirium18 and as already said before in this thread and in other places you frequent (aka shoutbox), the site you are referring to is an outdated test site, not meant to be used at this moment.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Zoidy
Cookie you must just love doing such big replies :P
If I would split them up I would already have like 50000 posts :p

This post was edited on 02-04-2011 at 12:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-04-2011 10:52 AM
Frackounet

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
I don't remember that in "Live" Messenger at all.. I figured he would be talking about the default icon in the notification area or something like that. Suppose he has nothing to worry about then
But they are indeed using it in the screenshots ;)
Huh? Where! I only see them in the screenshots of the event logs..
It uses the old icons; guaranteed.

Well, I'm confused. I guess I'll let this one slide. Hope a custom skin can fix the issue for Mr. Frackounet in the future if necessary!

Lol, i already did my own msg plus! live skin for msg plus! live 4.xx itself, because icons don't match with wlm 2009 but if it's a version 5 for wlm 2011, they should change those icons.

[Image: msgpluslive_patch.png]

This post was edited on 02-04-2011 at 03:53 PM by Frackounet.
[Image: userbar.gif]
02-04-2011 03:44 PM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by Frackounet
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
I don't remember that in "Live" Messenger at all.. I figured he would be talking about the default icon in the notification area or something like that. Suppose he has nothing to worry about then
But they are indeed using it in the screenshots ;)
Huh? Where! I only see them in the screenshots of the event logs..
It uses the old icons; guaranteed.

Well, I'm confused. I guess I'll let this one slide. Hope a custom skin can fix the issue for Mr. Frackounet in the future if necessary!

Lol, i already did my own msg plus! live skin for msg plus! live 4.xx itself, because icons don't match with wlm 2009 but if it's a version 5 for wlm 2011, they should change those icons.

[Image: msgpluslive_patch.png]

I still don't know what icons are bothering you so much. :p
02-04-2011 04:36 PM
tomtom95

damn claymores...

28 / Male / Flag
lol'd there are already wlm 2011 skins xD http://www.msgplus5.com/Downloads/Skins

i was wondering why you actually put in the effort to reply to all those complains... it's useless anyway 'cause you're not reaching much with answering to those. but keep up the good work and hope plus 5 will be out soon :D
[Image: 33y5mqh.jpg]
02-04-2011 04:51 PM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by tomtom95
lol'd there are already wlm 2011 skins xD http://www.msgplus5.com/Downloads/Skins

i was wondering why you actually put in the effort to reply to all those complains... it's useless anyway 'cause you're not reaching much with answering to those. but keep up the good work and hope plus 5 will be out soon :D

I answer them cause I'm a smarty pants. Either way; those skins seem to be designed for Messenger Plus! v4.9 when used with Live Messenger 2011.
02-04-2011 05:52 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tomtom95

I answer them cause I'm a smarty pants. Either way; those skins seem to be designed for Messenger Plus! v4.9 when used with Live Messenger 2011.

Should still work when 5 comes out, except if any of them skin Plus' own windows as they will have all changed
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-04-2011 06:38 PM
theboss

hey i just want to ask about the time you will release the new version of messenger plus ??
:)
02-04-2011 07:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (44): « First « 37 38 39 40 [ 41 ] 42 43 44 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: