What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Messenger Plus! 5 information

Pages: (44): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
5 votes - 2.4 average   Messenger Plus! 5 information
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Only the interface will change.
it's not just a chaange of interface, it's a change of software, aka less features and such :P. Just wanted to make that clear.
Ok, but isn't that exactly what "the interface" is???

And about those still missing features: hence why it is being beta tested and hence why it is a work in progress, even after the public release....

Though it indeed sucks that many things/features need to be done all over again and re-added. Things which took years to develop into what it currently is and which we take for granted on this 'old' forum. But that does not mean they wont be added again. It only means it would take some time.

------------------------------

@Guido:

If so, that would make much sense.
(although after seeing stuff from him and others in the shoutbox, I somehow doubt that, although I'm sure he would deny that)

Either way, let it be so, then it means Discrate meant that the 'interface' would be the cause of the community dying. And in that case, I still stand by my opinion that I don't see how an interface would be able to kill a community. I mean, it is not the interface that holds this community together I think, it's the people on/in it, at least it should be.

-------

@SurfiChris, WDZ, Guido:

Yeah, it's a great pitty (and wrong in some way) that they didn't ask you. But as far as I know they never said they didn't wanted that you worked with them either. And tbh, have either one of you contacted them before with propositions to work together? If so, then I stand by everything you said. But if not, don't you think you're being a bit unfair too?....

Actually, and I do hope I'm wrong with this, from what I've read from the shoutbox and forum, after Patchou said there were plans for a new forum structure and integrating of the forum in the main site, WDZ quickly said he didn't wanted to work for them, so...*

Of course, this was all back when there was no community liaison yet and communication between them and the community was non-existant. But lately that has changed for the better (though it is still not yet what it should be) and it will continue to improve in the futur. But apparently some people don't see the improvements and keep on clinging to that 'Yuna=Devil'-thing in every way they can (even by spreading stupid assumptions and whatnot) if you know what I mean...

I mean, it must come from both sides, no?

* EDIT: Although apparently he also said he wanted to help (note: isn't that 'working for them' then? ^o)). But still, how would they have know about that if he only said that in the shoutbox/forum way before Yuna knew about the forum, let alone knew about WDZ?

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 04:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-31-2010 01:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
@Chrissy:

If it's the same team as MP!L 4, then why would those same testers leak for MP!5 but not for MP!L 4?

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 02:10 AM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6525 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes, 48 seconds ago.

12-31-2010 02:09 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Discrate,

- Show me where they made that 'excuse', Discrate. If you can't then don't put words in their mouth.
If you're refering to what Jeiff said that they tried to merge the existing forum and site together and found it to be a nightmare, I don't see that as an 'excuse'. If anything, I see that as an effort to accomodate to what you and others are requesting at this moment. And I also believe that it is not just a day or two of work to make it so, like surfichris claims.
Even WDZ himself once said that it would be easier to start from scratch than to trying to improve on the forums because of all the mods. Again, it is not just putting the two together as in put the forum into a frame in the main site. The whole point of the merging is that everything will work together, especially the forum account, script/skin/sounds databases, etc...

- They are not going/planning to get rid of this forum! It has been said and explained billions of times before to you and others that this forum is going to be integrated into the main website. That's not "getting rid of". All the posts will be there, all the users. Only the interface will change. And I don't see how an interface change is going to "destroy a community".... But if you don't want to be part of that, fine, then by all means please leave....

Ditching this forum for a new crappy forum that doesn't have the features of this forum and doesn't have the quality of this forum will ruin the community.

Also no point arguing that cookie because it's true. Your YUNA fanboyism doesn't fool anyone, hell i barely read half ur post because it's just full of "YOUR WRONG, YOUR WRONG" lol.
12-31-2010 03:05 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
Your YUNA fanboyism doesn't fool anyone
Sure. A nice typical response I'd expected from you. Shows how much you understand from it.  But hey I'm not surprised at all since you don't bother to read, let alone try to understand, anyways. You're so blinded by your own hatred and opinions that you aren't even able to see it when people say something negative about Yuna without using one-liners like "they're money whores".

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 03:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-31-2010 03:33 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
A nice typical response I'd expected from you. Shows how much you understand from it.
12-31-2010 03:56 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
And tbh, have either one of you contacted them before with propositions to work together? If so, then I stand by everything you said. But if not, don't you think you're being a bit unfair too?....
so its the job of a volunteer to be the grown up and contact the new owners?

like most people in the world would do, they've rightly taken bat n ball home after the new guys have given the impression of 'sod you, we don't need you'
12-31-2010 05:04 AM
foaly

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
A nice typical response I'd expected from you. Shows how much you understand from it.
Say what you will, at least Cookie is trying to see it from yuna's perspective.
And you have to admire his perseverance, it doesn't seem to matter how stupid peoples responses are, he keeps taking the time to reply.
All the blind yuna bashing is getting kinda old... You haven't even seen the new forums. People hate change, this is yuna's first mayor mp!l release let's give them the benefit of the doubt until the actual release... It mightn't be as worse as you make it out to be...
[signature.jpg]
12-31-2010 05:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5 information
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
And you have to admire his perseverance, it doesn't seem to matter how stupid peoples responses are, he keeps taking the time to reply.
All the blind yuna bashing is getting kinda old... You haven't even seen the new forums. People hate change, this is yuna's first mayor mp!l release let's give them the benefit of the doubt until the actual release... It mightn't be as worse as you make it out to be...

I simply cannot say something is good if it is not. I am not like cookie where i put loads of spin on things to pretend and to make it seem like something is great.

No matter what criticisms people have, he always responds with crap like "You are wrong" He is clearly biased and wouldn't be surprised if they have hired cookie.

"I don't like the design" = "NO YOUR WRONG, THE DESIGN IS GOOD, YOUR WRONG, THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, IT'S GOOD"

Go read every single bit of criticism, cookie responds with a rebuttal claiming it's wrong. No matter what is said, it's labeled as wrong and not right.

I don't even bother reading cookies posts any longer because it's a load of shit. He still responds to me though because he can't help it (Has some sort of mental problem and a god complex at the very least)

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 05:18 AM by Discrate.
12-31-2010 05:16 AM
foaly

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:

I simply cannot say something is good if it is not. I am not like cookie where i put loads of spin on things to pretend and to make it seem like something is great.

No matter what criticisms people have, he always responds with crap like "You are wrong" He is clearly biased and wouldn't be surprised if they have hired cookie.

"I don't like the design" = "NO YOUR WRONG, THE DESIGN IS GOOD, YOUR WRONG, THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, IT'S GOOD"

Go read every single bit of criticism, cookie responds with a rebuttal claiming it's wrong. No matter what is said, it's labeled as wrong and not right.

I don't even bother reading cookies posts any longer because it's a load of shit. He still responds to me though because he can't help it (Has some sort of mental problem and a god complex at the very least)
You're right I suppose it wouldn't have been better if He responded to the site criticism like this: I agree, but it navigates kinda ok after a while, but I hope they will improve the design... or in Cookies words:
quote:
As for the website. I'm not extremely excited about it either, but I have seen far worse. The biggest thorn in my eye is the massive (and frankly quite useless) header/banner with all its colors and background stuff on top of the site. Which I think is the main culprint of this 'default scheme' kind of look. Having a way smaller and more slick looking header might come a long way in defining 'the look and feeling'. Also the fixed width is a concearn of mine (considering the forum is integrated in the same design -for the site itself it doesn't matter that much, but it does for the forum imho -). But after using it for a while, you do get used to it somewhat. And I find its navigation and order of topics quite natural despite of things. But I suppose that this is a big work in progress, bigger than Plus! itself actually. And it will continue to be a work in progress after the release, at least I hope so. Unless they pull of a miracle and make everything perfect for everyone in a month's time.

Don't flame the guy when you don't read what He says...

This post was edited on 12-31-2010 at 05:51 AM by foaly.
[signature.jpg]
12-31-2010 05:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Discrate, no matter how bad you think it is, it is actually usable nonetheless.

Yes, Testers are working on reporting problems and providing suggestions, but in the end, it will take some time to get it to perfection.

Mindless bashing (especially when you havent seen it) doesn't help much either.

I like the goals that they are trying to reach, but I think the graphic designers just need to rethink.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6525 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes, 48 seconds ago.

12-31-2010 05:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (44): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 11 12 13 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: