What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger

Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
Author: Message:
cubaduda

O.P. Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
Suddenly, with various updates, MSN Messenger changes .. and for me it is not for the better.  People sometimes send me offlline messages via Messenger (i.e. when I am not on line) and I get them when I open Messenger.  That is no more.  Why don't I receive such messages?

I used to have a neatly categorized list of contacts on the opening page (should I say column?) when I opened Messenger.  Now I see who is on line in Messenger when I open my hotmail email but I do not have a distinct list of my Messenger contacts.

Showing whether I was on line, away, busy or invisbible used to be easy.  Now I never know who can see me on line and who can't.  Sometimes I have to show myself on line to the person/contact I wish to speak with before I can send text.  But only sometimes, other times it works whether or not I am appearing as on line or not.  Geesh!

I have told friends who are on my Yahoo and MSN contact lists, that I prefer to use Yahoo now.  But, I am not opposed to change, just to change for the worse.  Is there something I have to do to regain the convenience I used to enjoy with MSN Messenger?
01-19-2011 01:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
i agree with your rants , Yahoo does have  atleast a  block feature in it,  whereas WLM doesnt anymore.  only good thing with 2011 is integrated Tab Windows.  plus i think Yahoo has far better File Transfers 

This post was edited on 01-19-2011 at 01:27 AM by Hank.
01-19-2011 01:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Adeptus

Consider third party Messenger clients.  The last time I rebuilt my Windows computer, I installed Pidgin instead.  It's not great.  File transfers don't work; custom emoticons don't work; I imagine voice/video doesn't, but I never used those anyway.  However, it is clean and functional, something the Microsoft's client hasn't been for years and is only getting worse for.  Trillian is another third party option for Windows.

Plus! added a lot of value to the official client, but I think it's getting to where even Plus! can't redeem a miserable piece of software Microsoft seems to be determined to turn into complete rubbish.
01-20-2011 07:05 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Consider third party Messenger clients.  The last time I rebuilt my Windows computer, I installed Pidgin instead.  It's not great.  File transfers don't work; custom emoticons don't work; I imagine voice/video doesn't, but I never used those anyway.  However, it is clean and functional, something the Microsoft's client hasn't been for years and is only getting worse for.  Trillian is another third party option for Windows.

Plus! added a lot of value to the official client, but I think it's getting to where even Plus! can't redeem a miserable piece of software Microsoft seems to be determined to turn into complete rubbish.
Pidgin is more for Linux, not Windows, infact i think there is only 1 Pidgin Developer that has a Windows Computer.  Trillian is Great if you dont need Voice/Video. i use trillian all the time an has a lot of Plugins/themes and supports a lot of Protoculs. trillian is also supported on  Android and IPhone an Apple Mac
01-20-2011 07:12 AM
haishama

what happened to the guys who made the old messenger?? i think some really old guys made the new version... i physically got bored of using messenger 11
02-02-2011 10:49 PM
cubaduda

O.P. RE: Here's what I miss ... why I am pissed with the new Messenger
My hotmail or "live.com" list of contacts is not the same as my MSN Messenger list but I can no longer see just my MSN contacts in a separate list and to thereby leave them an IM to check when they open their MSN.  Yahoo is definitely better now.
02-02-2011 11:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cubaduda
My hotmail or "live.com" list of contacts is not the same as my MSN Messenger list...
fyi, it never has been. There always were seperate lists for that, even long before WLM 2011.

quote:
Originally posted by cubaduda
... but I can no longer see just my MSN contacts in a separate list...
You can if you go to http://contacts.live.com
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-04-2011 11:28 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: