What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » OMG the new update of messenger 2009 is f****ed up ! :|

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
OMG the new update of messenger 2009 is f****ed up ! :|
Author: Message:
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: OMG the new update of messenger 2009 is f****ed up ! :|
Oh I see,

I removed the skin and the chars are fine now but the fonts is not

Is there a way to solve this?

I can display any char using any font

or is there a font that contains lots of chars?

01-27-2011 09:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: OMG the new update of messenger 2009 is f****ed up ! :|
quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
or is there a font that contains lots of chars?
Each font has a set of characters, so you'll probably have to find a font which has all the characters you need or use the default WLM2009 one.
[Image: Empty.png]
01-27-2011 10:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
Whats the default  font for WLM 2009 Tahoma?

Is there a way to find out how without guessing xd?

Thanks for your help all of you

I appreciate it
01-27-2011 10:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
There is no font which contains all the possible characters. That simply doesn't exist. What unicode enabled programs do instead (or should do) is loading the appropiate font as needed. It also has to do with how you've setup Windows (eg: if extra special fonts are installed or not for the more 'exotic' languages).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-27-2011 10:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
'exotic'
The exotic characters in this case are things like [Image: N1RBwyM4.png] (A)
01-27-2011 10:17 PM
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
lol I dont have the exotic font

The weird part is that these chars are visible at 8.5

so i think there is a font that contains most of the chars

I wish I could know the font of 8.5 :(

I think this might help

[Image: BgBDT.jpg]

Whats the font used in this window, because it can read almost all of the chars lol XD

btw I would like to ask how to know the ID of something, for example

I tried 20061 to change the background picture in 9.0 but it didnt work

or maybe because I pasted the picture in the wrong place?

I pasted the picture with the XML

code:
                 <Replace>

<Graphics><Pictures>
                        <Picture Id="20061">
                            <File>nub.jpg</File>
                        </Picture>
                    </Pictures></Graphics>
                </Replace>
01-27-2011 10:41 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
btw I would like to ask how to know the ID of something, for example

I tried 20061 to change the background picture in 9.0 but it didnt work

or maybe because I pasted the picture in the wrong place?
It is in the right place :P But the Picture Id is wrong. The main contact list background is 625 iirc, you have to modify that window's definition file to get a single background.

The way I find the IDs is by looking at the extracted resources [you can exctract them from Customization > Skins] and then trial and error the most likely ones. [They are labeled "source_group_id.extension" by MP!L when extracting]
01-28-2011 07:43 PM
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
I replaced 20061 with 625

Nothing has changed @_@

I'm using the cloud image just like in the tutorial

I want the log in screen to be with an Image I choose

Does it have to be 300X300 ?

omg I got a headache, I'v never used XML before

I used C++ a little

but this is not working

This codes are under " Your First Skin "

code:

<SkinInfo>
    <Information>
        <Name>Test Skin</Name>
    </Information>

<MessengerSkin>
        <ResGroup>
            <Restrictions>
                <MsgVersions>
                    <Version Major="8" Minor="5"/>
                </MsgVersions>
            </Restrictions>

<Resources>
                <Replace>
                    <Strings>
                        <String Id="61288">Hello World!</String>
                    </Strings>

<Graphics><Pictures>
                        <Picture Id="20061">
                            <File>clouds.jpg</File>
                        </Picture>
                    </Pictures></Graphics>
                </Replace>
            </Resources>

</ResGroup>
    </MessengerSkin>
</SkinInfo>

I pasted a picture named clouds its extension is jpg for some reason nothing have changed in my messenger x_X

01-28-2011 09:14 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
I made this once, it will finally be useful :P
XML code:
<SkinInfo xmlns="urn:msgplus:skins"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:msgplus:skins PlusSkins.xsd"> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! to start reading the file, and useful information for editing software-->
<Information> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! that the next lines contain information about your skin -->
<Name>Test Skin</Name> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what name to show on the skin selection page, import screen and folder name on new installations -->
<Description>The classic Hello World example.</Description> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what to show on the skin import screen, please keep it short. -->
<AboutUrl>http://blessedguy.com</AboutUrl> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what is your skin's [or related anything] page. -->
<Version>1.0</Version> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what your skin version is, for organization purposes. -->
<Screenshot><File>screenshot.jpg</File></Screenshot> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! to use this as a "badge" for your skin, will be shown on skin import and skin selection page. Please use an 86x86 image file. -->
<Compatibility><MsgVersion Major="14" Minor="0"/></Compatibility> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what Messenger versions will work with your skin. See this in "Help > About", Major is the first number, and minor is the first number after the major.-->
<UpdateId>example</UpdateId> <!-- This will tell the Skins Database if Messenger Plus! should or should not notify the existence of updates for your skin. It has to be unique for each skin and have between 6 and 8 characters. -->
<BuildNumber>01</BuildNumber> <!-- This, with UpdateId, will tell Messenger Plus! if your skin is updated. DO NOT use any special caracter like "." or ",", only natural numbers in an ascending order: the newer the skin, the bigger this number. -->
<TraceFile>true</TraceFile> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! if it should or should not create a SkinTrace.txt file in case of errors. PLEASE DO NOT DISABLE. -->
</Information> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! there's no more information on the skin here -->
<MessengerSkin> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what to change in Messenger -->
<ResGroup> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! a "Resource Group" starts here. -->
<Restrictions> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what Messenger versions are compatible with this specific Resource Group. Useful when your skin is compatible with multiple versions of Messenger, or something requires different files for different builds of the same Major/Minor version. -->
<MsgVersions>
<Version Major="14" Minor="0"/> <!-- Same as <MsgVersion> in <Compatibility> -->
</MsgVersions>
<MsgLanguages>  <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what languages are able to load this specific Resource Group. PLEASE DO NOT use if you're not replacing any strings, PLEASE DO use if you are replacing strings, all other languages won't be able to load this <ResGroup> -->
<Language><IsoCode="en-us"/></Language>
<Language><IsoCode="en-gb"/></Language> <!-- Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533052(VS.85).aspx for IsoCode. -->
</MsgLanguages>
</Restrictions> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! the version restriction information for this Resource group ends here. -->
<Resources> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! about the files you'll use: how and where. -->
<Replace> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! the next lines contain information on what files should go in the place of existing Resource IDs. -->
<Strings> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what strings [text] files should be changed. -->
<String Id="22176">Live Messenger</String> <!-- You can look for an ID inside ~\Strings & Colors\msglang_strings.txt file in your extracted resources folder. We'll deal with the problem of languages on <MsgLnaguages> -->
</Strings> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! no more strings will be edited in this <ResGroup> -->
<Windows> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! about each changed window structure. Not needed on most basic skins. Jump to </Windows> if this is the case. -->
<Styles> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! what style files to replace. -->
<Style Id="900"><File>Windows/Styles/msgres_style_900.txt</File></Style> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! where to find the file for a given Style ID. -->
</Styles> <!-- You can find the ID for each window in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=88344&pid=945812#pid945812 or by checking the \Consolidated Windows folder inside your extracted resources folder. -->
<Definitions> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! wht definition files to replace. -->
<Definition Id="900"><File>Windows/bDefinitions/msgres_def_900.txt</File></Definition> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! where to find the file for a given Definition Id. -->
</Definitions>
</Windows> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! no more Style or Definition files will be changed. -->
<Graphics> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! about replaced pictures, icons and animations [.gif files] included. -->
<Pictures> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! about replaced pictures, icons not included. -->
<Picture Id="4300"><File>Graphics/Pictures/4300.png</File><Metadata><Colorize>false</Colorize></Metadata></Picture> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! where to find the picture to replace a given Picture Id. For instance, Picture Id="4300" refers to the background of logon window.
Use the format folder/file.extension.
Messenger Plus! undertands path/filename.extension as [Messenger Plus! instalation directory]/Skins/[Skin Folder]/path/file.extension.
We'll call [Messenger Plus! instalation directory]/Skins/[Skin Folder] "root directory" from now on.
Metadata information includes the <colorize> [true or false] tag and <UMTop> <UMBottom> <UMLeft> <UMRight> [number of pixels to a given direction] tags. -->
</Pictures> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! no more Pictures will be replaced. -->
</Graphics> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! no more graphics will be replaced. -->
</Replace> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! no more files will be replaced. -->
</Resources> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! no more resources will be changed. -->
</ResGroup> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! a <ResGroup> ends here. -->
</MessengerSkin> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! your skin ends here. -->
</SkinInfo> <!-- This will tell Messenger Plus! your SkinInfo.xml file ends here. -->

quote:
I pasted a picture named clouds its extension is jpg for some reason nothing have changed in my messenger x_X
Oh, most examples from the documentation are outdated. The skininfo.xml you posted, for example, will only load on Messenger 8.5, use Major="14" Minor="0" for 2009 and Major="15" Minor="4" for 2011.

This post was edited on 01-28-2011 at 11:14 PM by blessedguy.
01-28-2011 11:12 PM
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
wow thanks, great job !

Its helpfull for every skin starter, I copy pasted your codes in the XML

for some reason its not showing up in the Plus skin list @@

anyway I knew all of that but I couldnt figure out the ID

"4300"

but I took the numuber ID from your code and edited mine and I got this

http://www.iimmgg.com/image/453d9481aa8c79feb689c00895c696f5

This post was edited on 01-29-2011 at 08:10 AM by kabso 5.
01-29-2011 08:09 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: