What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Script that saves chatlog in real-time to receive all messages even with crash?

Script that saves chatlog in real-time to receive all messages even with crash?
Author: Message:
slay

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Script that saves chatlog in real-time to receive all messages even with crash?
Hi.

Is there a script or other feature that saves Chat Log in real-time?

So if somebody says something to me, when I am away, then it will saved automatically into chat log. This means, when my system would crash or experience outage problems, I could still read the message from logs after system has booted up.

Any ideas?

I have missed that feature for very long time.
02-09-2011 08:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Script that saves chatlog in real-time to receive all messages even with crash?
Plus! saves you messages quite quickly after they are send though. It used to be only after a certain amount of time (or even only when the convo was closed - dunno exactly anymore), but iirc this was already changed in Pus!4.something....

As for an existing script: No, AFAIK there is no script to do exactly what you ask for.

But there is ReadThis for example:
http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/Download-Details/DocumentID/7880/

This will show you a toast if you close a chat window too quickly. Dunno if that may be of interest. I doubt it though, but just in case....

And there is SessionSaver from fatfreechicken:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79194

This one re-opens chat windows after a crash. But it does not restore messages which were send right before the crash though. At least not by itself. However, if you also enable "Show my last conversation in new conversation windows" in Messenger, it usually will show you the last recieved messages (but only if Messenger itself was able to save them of course).

-----

Note: the above links might not work properly. The servers are being updated so it might be that you can't access this link or see the script in question.

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 09:50 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-09-2011 09:19 PM
slay

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Script that saves chatlog in real-time to receive all messages even with crash?
Well, thank you for replies and suggestions but those links doesn't satisfy the needs.

WLM saves log when closing message window, and so does Messenger Plus. My wish is that it saves, when somebody says something.
Yea, it stresses hdd, but who cares about hdd's today?
02-09-2011 11:27 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Script that saves chatlog in real-time to receive all messages even with crash?
Actually, Messenger Plus saves messages as they are sent, not just when the conversation window closes.

You can test this out by opening a Messenger Plus log of an active conversation and you'll see the recent chat history
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5212 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes, 23 seconds ago
02-10-2011 12:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Messenger Plus saves messages as they are sent, not just when the conversation window closes.
It does save messages during a conversation, but it is not instant, at least not always.

On the other hand, do you really need things to be saved that instant. I guess at most there could be a 10 - 15 minute delay. PC crashes shouldn't be a common thing :).

But if you really do want instant save, it is probably possible to write a script to do that.

This post was edited on 02-10-2011 at 01:11 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-10-2011 01:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: