What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Script menu not showing all scripts...

Script menu not showing all scripts...
Author: Message:
whiz

– / – / Flag
O.P. Dodgy  Script menu not showing all scripts...
I've been tweaking some of my scripts to work better with Plus! 5, but I've since noticed that the menus of some scripts aren't being shown in the script menu.  The OnGetScriptMenu() is, however, being called, since the event trace is shown in the debugger, and anything else added to the function (such as a toast) is executed correctly.  Exporting the scripts to a script pack and/or reinstalling them doesn't seem to make any difference.  Script commands seem to work fine, though.  Can anyone else confirm this?
02-13-2011 05:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Script menu not showing all scripts...
Can't confirm (yet)...
About what scripts are you talking about? Or doesn't that matter, as in: it's a bit random?

PS: probably a stupid comment since you already know this, but some scripts might not be compatible with Plus!5 (or have the "version"-bug* in them) and as such wont show a menu item in the script menu whereas they did in Plus!4...

*version-bug: assuming that there is always a number after the decimal point of MsgPlus.Version, but since Plus! 5 is version number 5.0, it's actual numerical version number is just 5, and some scripts might not handle that properly because they try to search for the (missing) decimal point.

This post was edited on 02-14-2011 at 09:58 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-14-2011 09:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Script menu not showing all scripts...
Well, I've just been experimenting with Idle Manager (one of my own scripts), which wasn't working at all, and I found a particularly weird problem.  The start of the code in one of the files is like this:
Javascript code:
var Idle = false;
var IdleStat = false;
var IdleTime = 0;
var IdleWnd;

var Name, PSM;

var Cache = {};

// ...

When I start the script, the Initialize function isn't called, the script doesn't appear in the menu, commands don't work and so on.  However...  when I commented out the Name/PSM line, it works fine.  Also, changing "Name" to a different variable name also fixes the problem.  I don't know if it has something to do with another variable called "NAME" (used for my custom auto-updater), but I thought variable names were case sensitive.  :S

Edit: just noticed "Name" is highlighted blue in the snippet above (although it doesn't seem to highlight in the Plus! script editor, or in Notepad++).  Is it a reserved name for something?

This post was edited on 02-14-2011 at 03:50 PM by whiz.
02-14-2011 03:49 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Name is indeed used as a property for certain objects. But on its own it should work I think.

Messenger::MyPersonalMessage is now readonly. You can still read it but you can't set it anymore in scripts. This might change again in the future though. There are some threads about it...

Also note that problems like events not firing and other weird/unexplainded stuff can also occur because other scripts are malfunctioning though. It seems strange, but it did happen in the past and I have experienced it myself too sometimes. The only way to find out is to use the same unaltered code, but disable all other scripts and see if you get the same errors.
02-14-2011 04:27 PM
whiz

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Script menu not showing all scripts...
Looks like I'll just have to experiment with it some more...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Messenger::MyPersonalMessage is now readonly. You can still read it but you can't set it anymore in scripts. This might change again in the future though. There are some threads about it...
Not the case with WLM 2009 on XP, it seems.  I'm having no trouble setting the PSM via scripting...
02-14-2011 06:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
yeah, it is only in WLM 2011 that MyPersonalMessage is readonly. It does produce an error when you try to set it in WLM 2011.
02-14-2011 07:05 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: