What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » MessengerToTray

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
MessengerToTray
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MessengerToTray
I think Mystical wants the ability of opening and closing the Contact List window with a hotkey not necessarily locking it.
02-23-2011 07:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by matty
I think Mystical wants the ability of opening and closing the Contact List window with a hotkey not necessarily locking it.
Using the hotkey only, wouldn't this do the same thing?

Just tested it, enabling the option to use Messenger Lock with a hotkey (Ctrl+Space in my case) and un-checking all the other boxes would result for my Messenger Window to hide and reappear every time I pressed it.

Or am I still misunderstanding something?

This post was edited on 02-23-2011 at 07:10 PM by Arcticwolfx.
02-23-2011 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:
Originally posted by matty
Using the hotkey only, wouldn't this do the same thing?

Just tested it, enabling the option to use Messenger Lock with a hotkey (Ctrl+Space in my case) and un-checking all the other boxes would result for my Messenger Window to hide and reappear every time I pressed it.

Or am I still misunderstanding something?
He wants to mimic clicking the X and double clicking the icon by the use of a hotkey. Your suggestion would work in essence but he wants to close the window not just hide it from what I gather.

Speeder, good job on the script. All that you are doing in the DLL you could do within the script itself. It would take a lot of advanced scripting. (You would have to inject ASM into the process to do all the subclassing you are doing.)
02-23-2011 08:18 PM
Speeder

O.P. RE: MessengerToTray
Actually I'm using a hook not subclassing since there are many windows that are created and destroyed much of the time that I need to handle for features. (WLM2011 or toast windows...)
I wrote the DLL for performance reasons - so my hook was quick. The DLL only installs thread-specific hooks now, so it should have no performance hit on the system itself. I prefer C++ over JavaScript anyways, especially for WinAPI. :)

I'm open to implementing features over the current basic stuff, but if you want one implemented, please explain what you want precisely. In the case of Mystical's request, it seems so far to be basically the same thing as what the lock feature can do, so I'm not really up for that one.
What I was thinking about was adding options to open Plus settings for example, but I don't know of any standard way I could do so however. (In WLM2009, no window is guaranteed to be opened that I could send the proper WM_COMMAND message to for example.) If someone can tell me how I should communicate with Plus! for such menu features, please say.

Does anyone know when the script upload will work again on the site? Looks like this script can be released from the lack of error reports lately.

P.S.: I haven't written previously but middle-clicking on the tray icon does auto-login :)

This post was edited on 02-23-2011 at 08:38 PM by Speeder.
02-23-2011 08:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
V@no

sexy

RE: RE: MessengerToTray
quote:
Originally posted by Speeder
P.S.: I haven't written previously but middle-clicking on the tray icon does auto-login :)
And there seems to be a bug with that feature - when already logged in and middle click on icon, the icon changes to "signing in" type (blue/green changes places), and that icon stays there until wlm restarted, or manually re-login. (WLM 2009 on W7 x64)

If I may, would you mind add into this topic title the current version and date it was updated, if not too much trouble? It would help keep track if there is a new version or not.

Thank you.

This post was edited on 02-24-2011 at 12:40 AM by V@no.
02-24-2011 12:39 AM
Speeder

Alright, fixed that problem. Added the current version into my post.
02-24-2011 06:01 AM
Mystical

– / – / Flag
I Want if i press ex: crtl+o then open  the Contact List window and if i press ex: crtl+h then hide the Contact List window (not exit the msn).
Is feasible?
02-24-2011 12:45 PM
Speeder

You mean you want that not to hide your conversation windows, only to open or close the contact list?
Suppose it's feasible, but I wouldn't like adding global hotkeys like that into the system without a configuration interface. And of course I'm too lazy to create a configuration interface :)

If you want that feature, please create a hotkey setup window script. I'll add the feature then.
02-24-2011 01:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Speeder
quote:
Originally posted by Mystical
I Want if i press ex: crtl+o then open  the Contact List window and if i press ex: crtl+h then hide the Contact List window (not exit the msn).
Is feasible?
You mean you want that not to hide your conversation windows, only to open or close the contact list?
Suppose it's feasible, but I wouldn't like adding global hotkeys like that into the system without a configuration interface. And of course I'm too lazy to create a configuration interface

If you want that feature, please create a hotkey setup window script. I'll add the feature then.
This is not my script, but if it was I would not add something like that to it either.

It is not the purpose of this script imho, and there are more than enough scripts which provide stuff like hotkeys. Moreover, showing and hiding Messenger with a hotkey is the exact thing which the already existing Messenger Lock feature does.

A script like this should, imo, just doing what it needs to do and that's it. That's exactly the power and appeal of such scripts: small, fast and to the point, without any bells and whistles which maybe 90% of all people would never use (and for those other 10% there are plenty of other (bloated) scripts).

This post was edited on 02-24-2011 at 05:20 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-24-2011 05:15 PM
Speeder

I'm fine with that option as well. Heheh :)
02-24-2011 05:25 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: