What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » 1100 character limit not working

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
1100 character limit not working
Author: Message:
amaranthine

O.P. 1100 character limit not working
This is a recent problem that has come up, and has never been a problem prior to a few days ago.  Plus!'s higher character limit isn't working.  Whenever I or the person I am talking to (who also has plus) type more than the original 400 limit from Windows Live, it ends up giving us the error message:

"The following message could not be delivered to all recipients".  As I said, this has never been a problem previous to a few days ago.  Both me and my friend have uninstalled Plus and reinstalled it.  We have uninstalled Windows Live Messenger and re-installed it.  We have even gone back to install the older versions (that still work) of Windows Live.

But, it doesn't fix the problem.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  Or having the same problem?
02-17-2011 05:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Charactarlimitfail

Sad  RE: 1100 character limit not working
I'm glad I could find a post on this! I looked everywhere on google and I thought I was the only one with this problem.

It's the exact same thing for me. I've installed an uninstalled both my windows live messenger and my Messenger Plus. But it won't fix the problem!

And what's stranger is sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. For me and my friend too. Like either its not working for me and working for her or its working for me and not working for her.

Can someone please help us?
02-17-2011 05:39 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: 1100 character limit not working
Make sure both you and your contact are online, and not "Appearing offline" because the limit is only for online messages, not offline messages.

The limit for offline messages is still 400 characters.
If you attempt to send more you'll get the "can not deliver this message" error.

This post was edited on 02-17-2011 at 05:49 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-17-2011 05:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
amaranthine

O.P. RE: 1100 character limit not working
Yes, I know for sure that both of us were online.  We have been using this feature for quite a while now.  And, as I said, this just happened recently within the past few days.  It is a constant error that is preventing me and my friend from going over the 400 word count.

It won't even send posted data like Plus would other times when you go over 1100 count.  Instead, it just gives the error message and will not send it until you cut it down to 400.

UPDATE:
I have noticed lately that the error seems to come up sometimes and other times it doesn't.  I can be on MSN for hours and during one point it won't send the messages over 400 and at another it will.  Also, my friend says that it is always reversed.  Whenever I cannot send lengthy messages, she can.  And when I can send lengthy messages, she can't.

This post was edited on 02-17-2011 at 06:43 AM by amaranthine.
02-17-2011 06:32 AM
Charactarlimitfail

Can someone please help figure this out.
02-20-2011 07:22 AM
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
We will need more information to pinpoint problem..
It sounds like a bug that more people might experience with intensive use of the character limit extension.

Please share your versions of:
-Operating System
-Windows Live Messenger
-Messenger Plus!

Any other information you might consider related (such as other Windows Live Messenger add-ons from other sources) may help as well.

Did you know Messenger Plus!5 also provides a feature to automatically convert long messages into a temporary .txt file and send it?

Will check back on this thread when I get home from work in 8 hours.

This post was edited on 02-22-2011 at 03:23 PM by Arcticwolfx.
02-22-2011 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
amaranthine & co,

I'm not entirely convinced this is a Messenger Plus! bug.

Although there are some indications for it to be a Plus! bug, it sounds more like a bug within Windows Live Messenger itself if you take in account that Windows Live Messenger is known to have sometimes hickups when it comes down to your online status and especially since "it only started since a couple of days". It might report that you or your contacts are online while in fact they are not or that the connection is temporary lost for a split second. And this has influence on this character limit because, as I said before, you can't send more than 400 characters as an 'offline message'.

Tracking where this 'bug' comes from is extremely hard if not impossible since it seems to be 'random'.
All I can suggest is not typing such long messages in the mean time.

This post was edited on 02-22-2011 at 09:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-22-2011 09:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx

Did you know Messenger Plus!5 also provides a feature to automatically convert long messages into a .txt file and send it?

Here's a picture of the option:
[Image: plus5largetext.jpg]

This post was edited on 02-22-2011 at 03:21 PM by Arcticwolfx.
02-22-2011 03:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
amaranthine

O.P. RE: 1100 character limit not working
Just for helpful specifics, I checked my chat log and tracked the problem to begin occurring on January 31st, 2011.  It first happened to me, while my friend's character limit was not effected.  However, a few days later, hers started to mess up as well.

It does make sense (I have also thought about this possibility) that it could, in fact, be Windows Live Messenger and it not registering one of us as online.  Since I do know that the exceeded character limit does not work for offline messages.

I have noticed that at the bottom of the chat window, above the text input box where it usually says "Last message received..." that it tends to stick with the message "So-and-so is now online" and will remain with that message even as they are writing.  Instead of going back to the "Last message received" or changing to "So-and-so is writing".

More and more, I am seeing that the exceeded character limit will only work for one of us.  Mainly it will work for her, and not me.  Where, she can send me larger messages and I cannot send her any back.  Though, it switches from time to time where I can send her large messages and she cannot send any back.

On an added note, when I exceed the 1000 character limit, it does now send it as a .txt file (only if I exceed the exceeded character limit.  If I type something above 400 but not quite over 1000 then it gives me the error).

Okay, now for version information.

I currently have Plus!5 (5.00.702).
Windows Live Messenger Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416)
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3

This post was edited on 02-23-2011 at 03:10 PM by amaranthine.
02-23-2011 02:52 PM
Charactarlimitfail

I have Plus! 5 (5.00.702)
I've got Windows Live Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416
My system is Windows Vista Home Premium.

If there is any other information we you need just ask. I also checked my settings about the improve pasting operations for large text and its check marked for me.

This post was edited on 02-23-2011 at 03:14 PM by Charactarlimitfail.
02-23-2011 03:11 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: