What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » 1100 character limit not working

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
1100 character limit not working
Author: Message:
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: 1100 character limit not working
Thanks for sharing the information, this may help with finding a fix.

Don't have this issue myself, using Windows Live Messenger 2011 though. Would like to know if more users with Windows Live Messenger 2009 have this problem, or if other users with Windows Live Messenger 2011 do.

quote:
Originally posted by amaranthine

On an added note, when I exceed the 1000 character limit, it does now send it as a .txt file (only if I exceed the exceeded character limit.  If I type something above 400 but not quite over 1000 then it gives me the error).

For now you may want to disable the extended character limit feature, forcing messages containing more than 400 characters to be sent as temporary .txt file as well, instead of giving an error.

From my personal experience with these bugs and similar ones, I've realized that both MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger (and/or their respective connection methods) have been giving me odd bugs at random times. Some of these bugs include getting error messages returned when trying to send any text messages, contacts appearing off line, file transfers not being shown and many more similar bugs. Therefore I believe it could always be the Windows Live Messenging service acting up.

This post was edited on 02-23-2011 at 06:11 PM by Arcticwolfx.
02-23-2011 05:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Onyx Panthyr

I too am having this problem and it's highly annoying.  :(  I will probably upgrade to Plus 5 at a later time.  Tried it on mom's computer too, she was able to send at least 1000 chars to me, but I was unable to send it back to her.  We were both Online status.  I wish this would work in Appear Offline mode tho because that's how I'm usually online.  :(

Mine:
Plus 4.90.0.392
Windows Live Messenger Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416)
Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP3

Mom's:
Plus 5 (latest build)

03-30-2011 03:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Onyx Panthyr

Mine:
Plus 4.90.0.392

Mom's:
Plus 5 (latest build)

Hi OxyPanthyr,

What is the reason that you haven't updated Messenger Plus! to the latest version?
03-30-2011 03:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Small sidenote:
quote:
I have noticed that at the bottom of the chat window, above the text input box where it usually says "Last message received..." that it tends to stick with the message "So-and-so is now online" and will remain with that message even as they are writing.  Instead of going back to the "Last message received" or changing to "So-and-so is writing".
This is another known Windows Live Messenger bug though.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-30-2011 05:24 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TSAdmin

You're in MY house

36 / Male / Flag
Can confirm this is happening to me, too.

Plus: Plus 4.90.0.392
WLM: Windows Live Messenger Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Small sidenote:
quote:
I have noticed that at the bottom of the chat window, above the text input box where it usually says "Last message received..." that it tends to stick with the message "So-and-so is now online" and will remain with that message even as they are writing.  Instead of going back to the "Last message received" or changing to "So-and-so is writing".

Is there a known fix? Before I'm asked, just as OxyPanthyr was asked by Arcticwolfx, this "Last message received" bug is one of few, yet annoying enough, reasons I have not upgraded to Plus! 5.

This post was edited on 04-01-2011 at 06:47 PM by TSAdmin.
04-01-2011 06:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TSAdmin
quote:
Small sidenote:
quote:
Is there a known fix? Before I'm asked, just as OxyPanthyr was asked by Arcticwolfx, this "Last message received" bug is one of few, yet annoying enough, reasons I have not upgraded to Plus! 5.
No, there is no known fix. Note: this is not a bug in Messenger Plus! but a bug in Windows Live Messenger though. So it shouldn't be (one) reason (more) not to update to Plus! 5.

This post was edited on 04-01-2011 at 08:14 PM by CookieRevised.
04-01-2011 08:14 PM
TSAdmin

You're in MY house

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 1100 character limit not working
quote:
quote:
quote:
Small sidenote:
quote:
No, there is no known fix. Note: this is not a bug in Messenger Plus! but a bug in Windows Live Messenger though. So it shouldn't be (one) reason (more) not to update to Plus! 5.

There must be some level of fault on Messenger Plus! 5's side as installing it allows for reproducing the bug while uninstalling Plus! entirely, or reinstalling Plus! 4.9 or lower, does not reproduce it.
04-02-2011 03:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Small sidenote:
quote:

There must be some level of fault on Messenger Plus! 5's side as installing it allows for reproducing the bug while uninstalling Plus! entirely, or reinstalling Plus! 4.9 or lower, does not reproduce it.
Hmmm... apparently so.
Although I could have sworn there was a post somewhere stating the thing you see happening (or not happening for that matter), when Plus! is installed, is due to a Messenger issue.
Oh well... let's hope this (not realy important issue imho) would be fixed sometime...
04-02-2011 06:28 PM
character101

For some reason my stupid Characterlimitfail couldn't post in this forum. So I made a new account so I could post.

I've updated to plus 5 and it gave me the same problem. I came up with a solution though.

I made a new account. And now the character limit works perfectly fine, how weird is that. Not sure if it will work for everyone else but give it a shot.

I don't like the solution mind you because msn names are unique but hey, since no on else has figured this bug out... I guess that's the best we can do for now.

Hope this helps someone if now. Sorry ^^;;
05-16-2011 03:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: