What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Official translators, read this

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Official translators, read this
Author: Message:
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Official translators, read this
hey, if you're an official translator of Messenger Plus! and its website, please read this.

i'd like to contact you privately, and as we dont have a special subforum (and cant be done easily either, apparently), the only way i see it can be done is through email. So please, PM me the following information:

- Language you translate into
- Nickname
- Your email address of course

and the info (nick and email) of the other team members aswell, if you're more than one working on the translation.

This is nothing official, but we need to discuss some things as a group.

Note: if you send me your email you're agreeing that i can contact you and that every other translator contacted by me will see your email as well (the idea is to start a conversation, i wont be hiding email addresses :P)

Regards,

Chrono.

PS: Contact me even if you think i know your email address :P

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 01:21 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-17-2011 09:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Official translators, read this
Hmmmm....

I'm not very keen in sharing my email address with others/unknown people though.

I still strongly think some admin needs to create a new subforum for translators on these forums. Even if it was just for a week or two or whatever. There is no practical or other reason at all not to do it and it has been requested more than enough in the past I think :dodgy:

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 02:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-18-2011 01:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I am sure Chrono has your email and is smart enough to BCC everyone...
02-18-2011 02:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Matty,
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Note: if you send me your email you're agreeing that i can contact you and that every other translator contacted by me will see your email as well (the idea is to start a conversation, i wont be hiding email addresses :P)
And even if he uses BCC, you wont be able to reply to 'convos' without revealing your email (unless he will function as the liaison*).

* in that aspect he can better create a new group somewhere. On a place where people can hide their email address.

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 02:08 AM by CookieRevised.
02-18-2011 02:04 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Official translators, read this
I want to make it clear that this is not an official thing, i just want to have a conversatrion with all the translators, if there was a subforum it would be much easier :P. i cant ask sunshine for the addresses cause of the obvious privacy issues, so you have to contact me if you want to participate :p

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I still stringly think some admin needs to create a new subforum for translators on these forums
quote:
and cant be done easily either, apparently
i asked wj but he said it was a pain in the ass due to permissions and such :P if wdz was around i'd ask him but you know that he pretty much left already.

quote:
Originally posted by matty
i wont be hiding emails. Sure, i could create an email address that forwards the message to everybody, but as cookie stated, he cant reply without revealing it. Cookie, you can create a spam email address just for this, problem solved :p

quote:
* in that aspect he can better create a new group somewhere. On a place where people can hide their email address.
Any ideas? :P i could create a forum but that seems too complicated considering it will be pretty much a one time thing. Creating a spam address would be the easiest choise (for me at least (A))

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 02:14 AM by Chrono.
02-18-2011 02:09 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Official translators, read this
Chrono, Matty, see my reply in private forum.

@Chrono: I'll create (yet another :rolleyes:) 'spam' address, but I find this very ':dodgy:' (I know it's now your fault though).

PS: groups.google.com ? (or doesn't that hide the emails from the participants? - there is a setting to hide FROM emails and replace it with the group's email address - doesn't work as expected)

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 11:17 AM by CookieRevised.
02-18-2011 02:26 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Official translators, read this
quote:
@Chrono: I'll create (yet another :rolleyes:) 'spam' address, but I find this very ':dodgy:' (I know it's now your fault though).
lol yeah, dont blame me. if i find a better solution ill let you know, but for now it will be through email :P. i havent used google groups really so i dont know what can be done with it :p

edit: hey i have used google groups apparently, lol. im in a group with you, in fact :P i'll check it out

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 02:35 AM by Chrono.
02-18-2011 02:34 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
i havent used google groups really so i dont know what can be done with it :p

edit: hey i have used google groups apparently, lol. im in a group with you, in fact :P i'll check it out
Yeah, I checked my email addresses and found the old group from the London meeting we had in 2009 :p

I have just created a new temporary group to explore the thing myself...

EDIT: After some testing we've found that email addresses can't be hidden here either, but such a mailinglist is maybe a better way to communicate than just emailing everybody individually though (by using CC). And when the forums are ported to the new forums, you can easily remove the group.

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 05:01 AM by CookieRevised.
02-18-2011 02:39 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Can't this wait 'til the new forums? I'll make you guys a private forum then. That way you won't miss out on any of the translators at that, I'm sure plenty of them aren't that active on these forums.

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 09:11 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-18-2011 09:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Can't this wait 'til the new forums?
tbh? no...

Becauwe when will that be? We haven't heared/seen anything yet about the new forums (in final beta stage) and it sure must be tested again briefly before it goes public. Even the main site is not yet up-to-date and 100% ready... So when will that all be, in a week, two weeks, three weeks, longer???

The point I was making earlier (and in that other private thread) is that arguments like "can't it wait" or "it wont be needed anymore in a few days anyways so why bother" have been used more than enough in the past to not do it but simply waiting and using those arguments enough until it was indeed too late to do it.

Maybe what Chrono wants to talk about isn't that important, or maybe it is, who knows, but that is beside the point. Each time something like this was requested it was needed (otherwise it wouldn't have been requested) and in fact at that point it would have been already too late to create it (look at the translation issue threads in the beta forum a couple of weeks ago where I already and once again pointed out the need for such a place!).

--

This whole argument if it is needed or not or if it can wait is quite frankly history repeating itself once again.... So, sure, let us argue, think and wonder for yet another few weeks if something should exist or not,.... by then it wont be needed anymore indeed... and then a few weeks later we can start this all over again... :dodgy:

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 11:37 AM by CookieRevised.
02-18-2011 11:24 AM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: