What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Please keep the old forums!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Please keep the old forums!
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Please keep the old forums!
I updated it to reflect a more realistic representation. Also note I didn't mention Designers and HR or Network Admin in it because well I just forgot.
02-18-2011 09:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Please keep the old forums!
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
I don't see any benefits recruiting the Yuna members. :P When Patchou was only boss, everything was great. Then he hire Yuna, now its ... :P
Cryil didn't hire Yuna... Cryil created the company entitled Yuna Software and transferred the rights of the software from Patchou to Yuna Software. This was done because the name/company (Patchou) created by Cyril couldn't be sold as it encompasses too much. A company based out of Israel purchased Yuna Software and as such purchased Messenger Plus!. Yuna Software has never changed only the ownership of the company has changed. Nathalie doesn't necessarily work for Yuna Software she is more of a liaison between the community and the parent company which now owns Yuna Software and Messenger Plus!.

As for Kimahri Software, this is simply a division of Yuna Software which does the development.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1009818]
Updated to add a better representation of the hierarchy

OH so this explains why nathalie is so clueless.

Thanks (Y)
02-18-2011 11:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy

The database pages are a complete disaster, not even Excel would be able to have so many tables in shuch a small space. Why in the world do users need to see download stats for 3 different time periods? And ffs what is that "Compatibility" box in skin descriptions? "Name: Live Messenger, Build: 5.00, Description: Windows Live Messenger 2011". Also, why are UpdateId and BuildNumber displayed? And they're missing the last character, by the way. All creators are still the great "Unknown User", and could the "Download" text in the download button get a little bigger when hovered? We need more elements changing with mouse overs. Those neverending menus aren't enough. And those pictures that get overlaid by a "Plus!" image.

Plus's options panel got a redesign. Ok. But, for example, if I click on "Languages", the only thing I'll see is an unecessary extra page, I'll have to select it at that ugly treeview menu anyway. Not to mention those new icons. And their hover effects. They could also be animated, that'd be so good! And the still in use old buddies. Messenger 8.5 was the last to use them. And you changed other icons [to worse, but still], why couldn't those be changed too?

The Skins and Scripts Database have to be manually updated. So it's only in the interim that it's awkward.

As for the latter, it'd done for consistency purposes with all the other pages.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6547 days, 1 hour, 6 minutes, 46 seconds ago.

02-19-2011 02:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Please keep the old forums!
Wait.. If this forums are on a different server, that's nothing to do with MsgPlus! Servers, we can keep this forum and Yuna can't do shit? :P
02-19-2011 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
forums are on a different server
The forums are on a different server yes, so are the sounds servers for that matter. But it is a server owned by Yuna, as well as the msghelp.net domain. Have been for years.

This post was edited on 02-19-2011 at 06:36 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-19-2011 06:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: