What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
Author: Message:
ksanders

O.P. how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
Hello I am hoping you all can really help me out.  I have this person on my contact list but when I remove them and block them they still have me on their contact list.

I do not want to be on their contact list the question is "how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing".  I think I should be able to choose who's list I am on, it is my email address and if I no longer want to be in contact with this person I should be able to remove them from my list and theirs.

I am using Windows live messenger 2009 can someone please help me out.

thank you very much, much appreciated if someone can help.

Ken
03-01-2011 03:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
Change email addresses? There is no way to forcefully remove yourself from someone else's list. Block them and they won't be able to chat with you.
03-01-2011 04:21 PM
ksanders

O.P. RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
I was dreading that answer, I did block them but I do not want my contact on their list.  I just don't know why you cannot just remove your self from someone else's list.

There's got to be a way I cannot believe you cannot do that because a couple of contact that is on my list of friends are no longer there so somehow they removed themselves from my friend list with out I knowing.
03-01-2011 04:42 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
There is absolutely no possible way to do it. Block and delete them and they will see you as offline all the time.
03-01-2011 04:43 PM
ksanders

O.P. RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
O.K what about if I close my account wait a month or so would that remove my contact from every one's friend list?  Then after a while just reopen my account and re-add my friends I want to keep?

Will that work?
03-01-2011 04:47 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ksanders
O.K what about if I close my account wait a month or so would that remove my contact from every one's friend list?  Then after a while just reopen my account and re-add my friends I want to keep?
Nope, your email would continue to be there, even if it was disabled.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-01-2011 05:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
As I stated before there is no way to do it. Your email will, until the contact deletes it, remain permanently in their contact list.

Just shy of creating a new email there is nothing you can do!
03-01-2011 05:50 PM
ksanders

that wouldn't work, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (that's me freaking out)

Okay I'm better now, c'mon isn't there a sleazy way around this there always is some loop hole somewhere, send me a PM message if there is.

03-01-2011 05:51 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ksanders
Okay I'm better now, c'mon isn't there a sleazy way around this there always is some loop hole somewhere, send me a PM message if there is
There is no "loop hole" in this case. You can just create a new email, as matty suggested.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-01-2011 05:54 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ksanders

thanks matty and blessedguy for your replies I appreciated your input.
03-01-2011 05:58 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: