What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
Author: Message:
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
You're welcome :)
[Image: Empty.png]
03-01-2011 06:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ksanders

O.P. RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
thank you for the reply Abijam, I tried that and when I checked the contact list clean-up to see who has me and who don't.  Lo and behold there I was, this person still has me and refused to remove me from their contact list.  BUT some people who was on my friend list are no longer there so how on EARTH did they remove themselves from my list with out me knowing this happened in 2008.  I am serious I have seen others remove themselves from my friend list with out knowing my password, but maybe that loop hole has been fixed now and it is no longer possible.

But thanks anyways if you do come up with a solution please let me know.
03-07-2011 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing
It never was possible for a contact to remove himself/herself from another contactlist. It is only the owner of that contactlist who can remove contacts from his/her contactlist.

You can remove a contact. And only then, when that contact has also removed you, you both will dissapear from eachother's lists. Thus as long as one of you have the other, the entry is never completely removed from all your lists.
(This is also the reason why you should remove all contacts on your contactlist if you want to change email addresses. If you don't do that, your contacts may be left forever with your old email address in their Allow list)

Also note that what you see in the 'has you' column is not reliable since a long time now. This is also noted at the bottom of that window. So you should not use that column to determine if someone has you.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1010842]

.png File Attachment: plus_hasyou.png (16.96 KB)
This file has been downloaded 490 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-07-2011 at 04:22 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-07-2011 04:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
I'm curious about what makes the 'has you' column not reliable. How did it work in the past, and how did it change to essentially break the feature?

PS: Ksanders, what's the big deal about the person having you on their contact list? If you blocked and deleting them, they just see you as offline. I don't understand what the big deal is.
03-22-2011 06:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lolking

ksanders, make a chat client with that feature, could earn you millions ;]
[Image: image.jpg]
04-16-2011 11:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
howardgreet

33 / Male / –
I've had the same problem too... Thanks for this!
05-18-2011 06:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: