What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Some script requests

Some script requests
Author: Message:
1_More.MsgPlus_fan

O.P. Some script requests
I'm using the latest Windows Live Messenger for Windows XP and Live Messenger Plus 5.

1. "xxx is typing" notifier

Is there any working script that notifies if somebody starts typing something to you?

2. hide "is typing"

I don't want my friends to know when I'm typing a message. Is there any script that block/disable this feature?

- There you go, I tried searching but couldn't find exactly what I wanted -

This post was edited on 03-09-2011 at 07:00 AM by 1_More.MsgPlus_fan.
03-09-2011 07:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
pollolibredegrasa

formerly fatfreechicken

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Some script requests
I'm not sure about the first one, but the second one is a feature in Plus! itself. Open Plus! preferences>appearance>chat window and check "Do not send user is typing" notifications".
;p

[Image: chickennana.gif] Vaccy is my thin twin! [Image: chickennana.gif]
03-09-2011 10:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by 1_More.MsgPlus_fan
1. "xxx is typing" notifier

Is there any working script that notifies if somebody starts typing something to you?
No

If you mean getting a notification when someone opens a new conversation window with you: that is impossible to detect in a reliable way since years.

If you mean getting a notification when someone starts typing (after opening a new conversation window with you): Such scripts require protocol sniffing and there are no scripts which can do this properly and bugfree.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-09-2011 01:13 PM
1_More.MsgPlus_fan

O.P. RE: RE: Some script requests
First, thank you, pollolibredegrasa, for the heads up.

quote:
No

If you mean getting a notification when someone opens a new conversation window with you: that is impossible to detect in a reliable way since years.

If you mean getting a notification when someone starts typing (after opening a new conversation window with you): Such scripts require protocol sniffing and there are no scripts which can do this properly and bugfree.

I mean getting a notification when someone starts typing (after opening a new conversation window with you).

So, from what I understood in your answer, such script can be made, but it's very hard.

May I ask if you can give it a try? :P As far as I know, you are probably the best scripter here.

Do us this favor, man! :D

Another question: can you check if the latest Messenger Discovery, that claims to have similar features, is selling the real thing? Or is it "snake oil"?

This post was edited on 03-10-2011 at 04:20 AM by 1_More.MsgPlus_fan.
03-10-2011 04:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Thanks for thinking I'm the best scripter here. But I must say I'm not though. There are people here much better than me ;)

Unfortunatly I don't have the time to attempt to write a sniffer.
Making a sniffer is possible though. It was done once a long time ago (by some very good coder) but it was buggy. After that several people have tried the same thing but no proper working code has ever been posted.

I don't use Messenger Discovery myself, so I can't check
Messenger Discovery is made in a entirely different way than Messenger Plus!. MD sits in between Messenger and the protocol and many of its functions are based upon sniffing and changing the protocol messages. So, if it claims it can notify you when someone starts typing, it is most likely true. But if it claims it can notify you when someone has just opened a conversation window, then that is a false/inaccurate claim though.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-10-2011 08:16 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: