What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Black Windows Live Messenger 2011

Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
Author: Message:
eltselfer

O.P. Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
This is a Mashup of the following Skins

[Image: 2vw8k10.jpg]

1. Fuse
2. Twilight Multi
3. MyTF2

Credit goes to all the people that made this. i have just modified the TF2 theme with bits and pieces form all of them.

All you have to do is replace the TF2 Folder i made with the original & you'll get the theme you see in the screenshot.

Hope you guys like it :)

This post was edited on 03-09-2011 at 08:51 PM by Tochjo.
03-09-2011 06:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
Looks good, clean.

Do the original authors know that you've used (parts) of their skins? :P
You gave credit where it's due as far as I can see, I think they might want to know about it though, if they're still around on the scene. :)

This post was edited on 03-09-2011 at 06:24 PM by Arcticwolfx.
03-09-2011 06:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
eltselfer

O.P. RE: Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
Here's The Folder :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P337CJF7

It would be awesome if any of you guys could make this into a  SKIN file so everyone could download this at the skin page :)

Enjoy!

hahah .. i dont have time to search for them at the moment :P but yea ... they deserve it :P ... im sure theyll see this .. i made a mod of the Stealth theme before once :P they liked it .. so its all good :)
03-09-2011 06:25 PM
Axtinguisher

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
quote:
Originally posted by eltselfer
It would be awesome if any of you guys could make this into a  SKIN file so everyone could download this at the skin page :)Enjoy!

BTW, you can package your own skins and submit them yourself directly at our msgplus website. We also have a full page about how to submit a skin you might wanna check it out on your own instead of depending on someone else to do it ;)
\\\"Mmmphhhh mphhhhh mmphh\\\"
03-09-2011 08:44 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
quote:
Originally posted by Axtinguisher
quote:
It would be awesome if any of you guys could make this into a  SKIN file so everyone could download this at the skin page :)Enjoy!

BTW, you can package your own skins and submit them yourself directly at our msgplus website. We also have a full page about how to submit a skin you might wanna check it out on your own instead of depending on someone else to do it ;)
That is assuming the original authors don't mind their work being used in such a manor.
03-09-2011 08:50 PM
Axtinguisher

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
quote:
hahah .. i dont have time to search for them at the moment :P but yea ... they deserve it :P ... im sure theyll see this .. i made a mod of the Stealth theme before once :P they liked it .. so its all good :)

I downloaded your folder to check it out, i see that you just replaced the images inside the skin with your own as well as a mix of other UI images from the other 2 skins you mention on your first post. I would suggest optimizing a bit your images since it seems a bit «heavy» (close to 9 MB) for a skin file....

With that said:
I really don't have a problem with you doing this, if it helps users create skins and grow our skins database within the Plus! Universe then so be it.

I don't mind that the Options and About UI windows didn't change much, but they seem kind of incomplete now that have taken out some of the visual elements i had used for them, therefore i don't agree with the fact that you left inside the URLs pointing to my website and stuff, event though your MOD might've been based upon one of my skins it is definately not me that created it and wouldn't want people to get the impression that i published such skin.

Of course i'd appreciate an honorable mention somewhere inside your About window if that is the case...

Thanx still!!  for your interest in Plus! skins and hopefully you can start posting your own skins within our skins database pretty soon :)

This post was edited on 03-09-2011 at 09:11 PM by Axtinguisher.
\\\"Mmmphhhh mphhhhh mmphh\\\"
03-09-2011 09:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
eltselfer

O.P. RE: Black Windows Live Messenger 2011
hehe .. actually .. i am like dumb when it coms to programming n stuff ... i tried editing the about page n stuff .. but what happened was .. it din display any image .. jus went blank .. n i had to reinstall the skin again , n replace the images again , so i left it as it was since this isnt an official release right?  so i kept t like that ..

annd i knw there is a scripting page, but i am writing my finals right now so i dont have time to do all of that.

and since this isnt my work, ill have to do a lot of work on the skin to make it publish'able hehe .. thats why i kept it open for any1 whu knows how to do it, to do it , i dont want any credit for this , i just want to use the skin , and if other like it , they can use it :) thats all :)

but dude!! can u try to change the startup thing that comes on msn before it starts? that would be really kool!! :D
03-09-2011 09:35 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: