What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » I want to know why my best friend killed himself

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Poll: Should I go through his computer trying to find a reason why he killed himself?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
I want to know why my best friend killed himself
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I want to know why my best friend killed himself
@ linx05:

First of all my condolances...

Now, it's no so much about invasion of privacy, but more to do with how well you can cope with what you may find yourself I think, and then the responsebility that comes with it. Are you ready to tell everybody what you will find? Can you cope with that? Thus also remember that it is not just you who is having questions, so are all the other friends and family.

As such, I don't think that you should be looking into it on your own! As suggested by meEtc and others, seek professional guidance instead and ask those people your question and explain the situation, so that they can also guide you and give you proper advice on what to do and how to cope with everything.

Asking such a question here is not the right place to do imo...

As for privacy invasion, that has a lot to do with respect. And we all know that even if somebody is dead, you could still show respect to that person. Or put in another way: yes (and Discrate, this is in response to what you said earlier), you could still invade someone's privacy even if that person is dead!!

On the other hand, if it was indeed your soul mate, you would know best if he would mind you to read his journal. This said, friends are exetremly important, but so is family. Don't leave out the family, they too have a big (maybe even bigger) saying in all of this and the right to know 'why' as much as you do (although the later will, as ArcticWolfx said, probably never be answered fully). So, that's a reason more to seek professional help/guidance into this matter, so that you can all find an answer together.

-------

sidenote @Discrate:

Although I don't fully agree with everything ArcticWolfx said, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. And seeing your first sentence in your (edit: previous) last post I don't think you fully understood why ArcticWolfx has written what she wrote. And as a last thing: some new members have gained much more respect and credibility than some older members here will ever have!!...

This post was edited on 03-14-2011 at 04:18 AM by Chrono.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-14-2011 12:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: I want to know why my best friend killed himself
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
"OMG, ATTENTION SEEKER, YOUR JUST HERE TO SEEK ATTENTION ARENT YOU ATTENTION SEEKER? YOU SICK AND TWISTED PERSON"
I had a friend of mine get said that when no psychologist found the reasons for his behaviour.

Turns out he really was seeking for attention :zippy:

Update: I hate it when I click send instead of preview ><

To avoid repetitions, this is what I agree with:
Spoiler:

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
For all you know he could have written you a note to find.
If you were soul mates then he would have known his computer would be the first place you would look.
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Should someone look? Most definitely.
quote:
Originally posted by Lou
What you may find may not be easy to read, may not be what you want to read, and may not help you at all. While it must be incredibly hard not to know or understand, I don't think this will do you, or anyone, any good. You have enough on your mind already, take care of yourself.
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
What? The person is dead, I'm sure linx05 knows very well it won't be a journal full of flowers and blissful fields of happiness. He's asking us what we think about it, even the topic itself shows that he is intent on reading the journal.

Going through life is tough, and just because reading the journal "won't do any good" doesn't mean he shouldn't, and it certainly doesn't mean it should brushed off and ignored.
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
You're his best mate, so it's not like it would be inappropriate.
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
If he had only just 'came out' how do you know he wasn't being bullied or victimized?
This kind of thing happens all the time and shame wrongly keeps people from speaking out.
Sure, he might have had mental health problems but it sounds like he was at a strange place emotionally and sometimes that can be enough to make people be impulsive.

linx05 has every right to find out what happened to his friend, you cannot suddenly forget things like this and it will only become 'another regret' in later life if he doesn't pursue it. I, for one hope he finds answers so he can mourn in peace.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Now, it's no so much about invasion of privacy, but more to do with how well you can cope with what you may find yourself I think, and then the responsebility that comes with it. Are you ready to tell everybody what you will find? Can you cope with that? Thus also remember that it is not just you who is having questions, so are all the other friends and family.

As such, I don't think that you should be looking into it on your own! As suggested by meEtc and others, seek professional guidance instead and ask those people your question and explain the situation, so that they can also guide you and give you proper advice on what to do and how to cope with everything.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
On the other hand, if it was indeed your soul mate, you would know best if he would mind you to read his journal. This said, friends are exetremly important, but so is family. Don't leave out the family, they too have a big (maybe even bigger) saying in all of this and the right to know 'why' as much as you do (although the later will, as ArcticWolfx said, probably never be answered fully). So, that's a reason more to seek professional help/guidance into this matter, so that you can all find an answer together.

aka He was your best friend, you're the one who knows if he'd mind you reading it or not. If you decide to read it, be prepared.

This post was edited on 03-14-2011 at 12:54 AM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
03-14-2011 12:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: