What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » You cant search for text in the log viewer...

You cant search for text in the log viewer...
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. You cant search for text in the log viewer...
You can search for say "x" in all the logs and it will show you logs where "x" appears" but if you click a log where "x" appears and it opens up, you can search exactly where "x" appears (more so if it appears more than once" in that log.

Fuck Yuna,
Patchou, you should have never done it :(
03-13-2011 07:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: You cant search for text in the log viewer...
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
You can search for say "x" in all the logs and it will show you logs where "x" appears" but if you click a log where "x" appears and it opens up, you can search exactly where "x" appears (more so if it appears more than once" in that log.
Uhm... Indeed... where is the issue though?

This post was edited on 03-13-2011 at 08:13 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-13-2011 08:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: You cant search for text in the log viewer...
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
I may not have explained correctly. My apoligies.

I open up the Chat Log Viewer and hit the "Search in log(s)..." option. I search for the word "Hello" (which is now even slower than before) and It comes up with all the conversation files that include the world "Hello". I click on one of them and it opens it up but there used to be a option that says "Find" in the main Chat Log Viewer where I can find other places in that same conversation where the world "Hello" appears or another word that I want (for example I want to search for "Hello" first then "riahc4" after it finds all the conversations that have "Hello"). That option is not there anymore.

I apoligize Menthix for not explaining correctly my issue/problem.
03-19-2011 09:07 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
Slightly offtopic but to the O.P., please don't make double threads. People *will* notice your first thread, no need for a second the same. Thank you.
03-19-2011 09:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
I may not have explained correctly. My apoligies.

I open up the Chat Log Viewer and hit the "Search in log(s)..." option. I search for the word "Hello" (which is now even slower than before) and It comes up with all the conversation files that include the world "Hello". I click on one of them and it opens it up but there used to be a option that says "Find" in the main Chat Log Viewer where I can find other places in that same conversation where the world "Hello" appears or another word that I want (for example I want to search for "Hello" first then "riahc4" after it finds all the conversations that have "Hello"). That option is not there anymore.
That option is still there and in an even much more powerful way.

After searching "hello", simply change the 'Location' in the Search window to "Found Files subset" and search for "riahc4" to narrow your first search down.

Or, after searching "hello", double click on a found chat log and then change the 'Location' in the Search window to that specific chat log and search again with a different text.

And searching within a displayed chat log is also still possible by pressing the Find shortcut (CTRL-F). That hasn't been removed either.

As you can see, the searching facility got a lot better. Thus I don't see any reason for a "Fuck Yuna! Patchou, you should have never done it.".

This post was edited on 03-19-2011 at 10:55 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-19-2011 10:49 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
off-topic
quote:
Originally posted by Fike
Slightly offtopic but to the O.P., please don't make double threads. People *will* notice your first thread, no need for a second the same. Thank you.
That's riahc4, it's not like he doesn't know that :dodgy:
[Image: Empty.png]
03-19-2011 02:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: