What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Contact Information - not being logged properly

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Contact Information - not being logged properly
Author: Message:
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly
quote:
Originally posted by azgul
Interesting. Do you also use a custom email? Starting to think it might be because I'm using my own domain rather hotmail or similar MS services.

Using x64 with custom emails here and everything is ok. Do you have any other add-ons installed besides plus?
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-23-2011 09:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
azgul

O.P. RE: RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Interesting. Do you also use a custom email? Starting to think it might be because I'm using my own domain rather hotmail or similar MS services.

Using x64 with custom emails here and everything is ok. Do you have any other add-ons installed besides plus?
Well I was using A-Patch to get rid of all the adds and the annoying shit in msn, other than that no. I've tried to reverse it now I'll see if it changes anything.
03-24-2011 07:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
Am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 with Messenger Plus! 5.01 and A-Patch and Compatibility Mode "Vista SP2" even on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, works fine here.
03-24-2011 10:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
azgul

O.P. RE: RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
Am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 with Messenger Plus! 5.01 and A-Patch and Compatibility Mode "Vista SP2" even on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, works fine here.
Uninstalled A-Patch - didn't do any good.

Uninstalled Plus and Messenger and installed both of them again. Now it's working, awesome.

EDIT: Actually, I was running it with XP SP3 compatibility mode before - not sure if that could have anything to do with it not functioning correctly.

This post was edited on 03-24-2011 at 10:25 AM by azgul.
03-24-2011 10:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
Uninstalled A-Patch - didn't do any good.

Uninstalled Plus and Messenger and installed both of them again. Now it's working, awesome.

EDIT: Actually, I was running it with XP SP3 compatibility mode before - not sure if that could have anything to do with it not functioning correctly.

If you have the same software versions as I do and only use Compatibility Mode to put Messenger in the Notification Area (Tray bar) I would suggest using Compatibility Mode "Vista SP2."
03-24-2011 10:31 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
That has most likely everything to do with it. It is not recommended to run Messenger in any compatibility mode as this might conflict with Messenger Plus!. In fact, Messenger Plus! will disable compatibility mode when you install it exactly because of this.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-24-2011 11:20 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
That has most likely everything to do with it. It is not recommended to run Messenger in any compatibility mode as this might conflict with Messenger Plus!. In fact, Messenger Plus! will disable compatibility mode when you install it exactly because of this.

Though with that said by Cookie, I won't argue with that statement, but I do would like to bring up again that I am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with Messenger Plus! 5.00/5.01 and A-Patch in a Compatibility Mode, namely "Vista SP2" without any problems what so ever.

I would advise to try it at your own "Risk," if it doesn't work, disable it (or re-install if that didn't fix the issue again).

This post was edited on 03-24-2011 at 11:49 AM by Arcticwolfx.
03-24-2011 11:48 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: